Hi Check out my home project

Pal said:
What keeps the wall plate in place/how is it bonded to the mortar?
You'll be surprise how it will bond together,if you tap it hard then it will move but don't worry, put it back in the correct position and the weight of the floor will hold it down.Also take care when screwing the joists onto it.

Not sure if admin for this site want to move this and the last three or four messages to most original post, I am mindful we are hijacking that of Craigf.
Up to you,just use the "Alert Moderators" on bottom right and they will move it for you.

Sponsored Links
Pal I have never been hijacked before does that mean I can claim on my insurance as a bad time was had by me, should get thousands LOL. any how check out the new pics posted above and wait for the weekend picture Pal all glazed and the french does done and dusted. By the way sorry for the delay but the fixings that you are asking about are all I used. i'm not sure if I mentioned this but the work load is hard but i'm love in it.

If no one objects I guess we can just leave all this discussion about my floor on this thread then.

Cheers Masona, I think I don't need any more (for now) :LOL: I am sure I will be back.

Craigf, you can sue ME for compo if you like, I spend all day finding ways to avoid paying claims.

I was interested in the actual type/size and spacing of the fixings you used to attach the wall plates but I may have been swayed by masona to build three mini sleeper walls.

I too hope to get some pictures on my project at the weekend.

Thanks for all the advice.

Pal

Craigf,

You haven't posted anything for a while, you must be hard at work! I'm guessing you must have finished by now?

Can you let me know the type of bolts or screws and plugs etc and the spacing between them.

Did you see the pictures on my post?

Cheers.

Pal

Sponsored Links
Pal sorry I have been up to my kneck in things.
Just to let you know the project has come to a halt. As I got to many things going on around me. I will post some more upto date pictures soon.

Number 5 is still alive, Well here goes project still not complete, however both side walls are in with exterior cladding, inside is insulated and covered with plastic ready to dry line. the front now has the hardwood window and french doors fitted by me.
The inside just needs dry lining and painting and it done, you may remember seeing a white door in one of my pictures,well this goes into my basement. I have now put down a new timber floor and I'm ready to stud the walls prior to dry lining this. I have to get stuck in to this as the last week in July I install my new kitchen which is in my garage, the old hand made free standing kitchen will be remover and put in the basement, with the washer, dryer,freezer and the ironing thingy. this will become a utility room for the good lady in my life. will post some more pictures very soon.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back