Country
United Kingdom
Apart from the colour
Does it matter if a high vis is yellow or orange
thanks

Sponsored Links
no railways or building sites
just general use like car parks, builders yards, warehouses etc

Just so many people wearing them now, orange will be easier to find each other.

Has anyone seen the big coats in orange

The only situation I know of where I have had to wear orange is ( as FingRinal says ) on the railways. Yellow should be fine everywhere else. I have seen some guys on sites wearing orange as well, so I can't see most site gaffers being too worried about it.
The most important thing we have to worry about is that class a ( full sleeves with scotch tape on them ) has to be used everywhere apart from 30 mph limits, were it is permissible to use the sleeveless variety ( class b )
Hope that helps

Sponsored Links
It's been a while since I read the British Standards etc., but im sure it mentioned that the colour must offer a contrast against the workplace background.

From what you describe, good ol' yellow will do.

It's been a while since I read the British Standards etc., but im sure it mentioned that the colour must offer a contrast against the workplace background.

I was working at a Sainsbury store a while back. They insisted all contractors wore an orange high vis jacket, presumably so it blended in nicely with their colour scheme. :rolleyes:

Railways insist on orange. Their jackets are all held together with press studs. I think the theory is if you get clipped by a train, it can just pull the sleeve off your jacket. Just hope your arm isn't still in the sleeve :eek:

If your arm was in the sleeve, presumably you can just pop the studs back over the stump?

I heard of a guy who got killed when a train hit his index finger.

He was picking his nose at the time though

Wearing hi-vis vests is getting out of hand now, everybody seems to be wearing them, Even bus drivers are wearing them, why????, isn't the bus big enough to see first :eek:

wtf You wear what ever colour they say, It dont matter 2 u...but it does to them...
For *** sake

wtf You wear what ever colour they say, It dont matter 2 u...but it does to them...
For *** sake
why havent the plant got hi vis, on? soon they will be asking for a method statment how do you crap with your hard hat on.

Sponsored Links
Back