Hide a gas pipe

If it bothered me I WOULD take it outside.
Once you've got a curtain over most of it you'll probably forget it's there though?

Sponsored Links
I would leave it where it is too.

Who wants an ugly gas pipe complete with yellow stickers all over it running up the outside of their house anyway?

You'll probably be the only one to notice it when the room's furnished again.

Our hyper-fussy neighbours spent a fortune getting their CH installers to box in all their pipes in the corners of every room because they thought it would look neat. They were very surprised when they took a look at the installation our CH chap had done simply by running the pipes behind the curtains like yours. To be honest, ours looked neater and cost £2K including a WB combi, as opposed to their £5K for a similar set-up. This was a while ago, obviously :cool:

Who wants an ugly gas pipe complete with yellow stickers all over it running up the outside of their house anyway?

You don't need yellow stickers

That's good to know. All the one's the council's contractors have done in our area seem to have them though.

Sponsored Links
Out of interest, what sort of gas heater do you have upstairs, and is it still necessary?

sorry i've not replied for a while guys. I was busy with work. I wanted to let you know that after so much thinking, i thought if i can't stand the pipe, i best get my corgi friend to redirect it. So i lifted all the necessary floorboards, i.e. living room, then next storeroom + upstairs floorboards. I then got him to re-pipe again, so now the pipe is running via a storeroom. It was a bit of a mission, but its all done now.

I just want to thank you guys for being so helpful.

I hope you can help me with other issues that i'm gonna keep posting ;)

homefromhell";p="2096106 said:
sorry i've not replied for a while guys. I was busy with work. I wanted to let you know that after so much thinking, i thought if i can't stand the pipe, i best get my corgi friend to redirect it. So i lifted all the necessary floorboards, i.e. living room, then next storeroom + upstairs floorboards. I then got him to re-pipe again, so now the pipe is running via a storeroom. It was a bit of a mission, but its all done now.

Thats what I said! (sort of) :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back