Hiding a gas pipe

Sponsored Links
The advice you need here is from a registered gas installer on site.

He should be able to calculate the pipe size needed.

This is a 37kw boiler which is rated at more than your calcs show.

You will almost certainly need some element of pipework above 22mm.

Andy.

If you're going to that amount of trouble to conceal a copper pipe in a slightly larger black plastic pipe... why not just paint the copper black?

38Kw needs 3.55 M3/hour, 3.6M3/hour will go through 22mm pipe over 15meters, so am I missing something, if he isn't connecting anything else to this equivalent run of 13.5 meters, it's a 0.9mb drop which should be fine.

Sponsored Links
Take some advice mate stay away from the 838 exclusive they r as rare as hens teeth an have a low voltage pump which is not reliable go for the 837 ecotec tried an trusted bin out 5 years now an all problems associated with new units all sorted 5 years warranty if u get an improved installer an cheaper to buy! A no brainer mate

There will be a hob aswell so I cannot put it on the 13.5m run. Looks like you agree with calcs though which is good. I have seen nothing from landyandy which proves it will not.

I am going to a lot of trouble as I am somewhat anal. The house is rendered cream and all the waste pipes are white. I want it to match. I know it sounds like a lot of trouble - but my house is my hobby so extra effort is not a problem.

I will look at the 837 - you have put we off the 838 - what about a WB 42CDi?

Thanks for all the advice so far - very much appreciated.

Have you looked at the manufacturers instructions for the 838 :?:

The gas rate on full load is 4.0m3/hr.

You have a hob as well. Maybe a fire, I don't know.

You will need some part of the pipework in more than 22mm.

I would say go for the 837 imho.

Andy.

Think you`ll find it`ll need to be painted yellow - with a black band at the end near where it goes through the wall to the boiler - make sure it`s not upright - use some old iron spiked hooks to hold it to the wall - and remove half a brick where it goes through - so that everyone Knows it`s a gas fitter`s done it :LOL:

Think you'll find gas pipes only need to be identified in commercial
Installations.
I haven`t a clue M8 ;) I was just referring to the yellow covering on the iron pipe that they tend to strip off @ the ends - and the quality of workmanship as usually seen

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back