Hiding radiator pipes in wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good Evening all,

Hope someone can help please. I am in the beginning stages of redoing our lounge. Originally the radiator pipes were fixed to the skirting board on 2 walls(1 breezeblock), (1 timber frame i think) both plastered.

I am putting new skirting back in but think they are really ugly, and i was wondering if it is safe/ok with regs etc to channel the wall out and hide the pipes in there and then plaster over them?

Ive attached a few photos to hopefully show what i mean.

Thanks

20191013-152009.jpg

20191013-191901.jpg

20191013-191859.jpg

Sponsored Links
ThyJones, good evening.

My personal preference would be to box in the pipes, a load less hassle than cutting a chase in the wall with associated forever patch line in the plaster, not to mention the problems with heat expansion

You could provide a small area of boxing [say] 50 / 75 / 100.mm. around the pipes, or??? fix a box that mimics the dimension of the external wall, if you opt for a box in rather than a cut in suggest you Insulate the pipes inside the boxing, assists in reducing thermal issues later?

Ken

Is the floor wooden floor boards ,with a crawl space below ? If so ,I would box in the verticals ,take them below floor , and bring up to the rads. Well insulating all below flooring.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back