High Integrity CU

Sponsored Links
There are already 3 neutral bars in there... you'll not require the additional bar if you don't require circuits without RCD.
Indeed. Things sold as "high integrity" CUs (goodness knows where that term came from!) always do -one for each of two RCDs and one for the non-RCD circuits.

Kind Regards, John

Indeed. Things sold as "high integrity" CUs (goodness knows where that term came from!) always do -one for each of two RCDs and one for the non-RCD circuits.

Kind Regards, John
Not always. I fitted one last year for an EICR but I did enough that I truly can't remember which property or what make it was. Of course it had to be the one which required a non RCD position.

Sponsored Links
Not always. I fitted one last year for an EICR but I did enough that I truly can't remember which property or what make it was. Of course it had to be the one which required a non RCD position.
I can't see how they could sell one configured for two RCDs and some non-RCD circuits which didn't have three neutral bars, could they?

Kind Regards, John

I can't see how they could sell one configured for two RCDs and some non-RCD circuits which didn't have three neutral bars, could they?

Kind Regards, John
It wasn't configured for any non RCD positions.

...and conversely, if it did not have three neutral bars, what made it 'high integrity'?

It wasn't configured for any non RCD positions.
... in which case, it wouldn't be what they call (for whatever reason) a 'high integrity' CU - so why did you say 'not always' (in relation to 'high integrity' CUs always having 3 neutral bars) if the one you were talking about wasn't that? :)

Kind Regards, John

...and conversely, if it did not have three neutral bars, what made it 'high integrity'?
Exactly. This weird (in my opinion) term 'high integrity' seems to mean (and only mean) that it has provision for 2 RCDs and some non-RCD circuits (and hence 3 neutral bars) - so, as you imply, if it doesn't have those features then it's not what 'they' call a 'high integrity' CU!
a
KInd Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back