High temperature resistant glue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any anyone recommend a suitable glue for sticking something on an oven?

Preferably something available in a small quantity.

Sponsored Links
A couple of years ago my BiL was over from Oz and asked the plumbers about (I think) a flexible flue sealant for his coal range. Somebody recommended some kind of silicone that withstands high temps. Ask over there.

Will that gasket/sealant type stuff work as glue?

I need to stick a thin magnet and associated bit of steel to keep the door closed

Sponsored Links
Woody - to be honest no idea. And I too was surprised as I was not expecting silicone to "fix metal brackets, hinges and glass in oven doors". However, perhaps it does do this mainly though the large contact area, whereas you will have a relatively small contact area with the magnet to glass and metal to metal. But as both are non-porus then perhaps silicone will form a good adhesion? Anyone tried this?

IGNORE THE FOLLOWING >>> I GUESS YOU WANT THE METAL AND MAGNET INSIDE THE DOOR {I would have used Araldite, it does have a -20 to +80oC temp range, and on my oven the glass does get hot, but I am sure (actually guessing) that it is around 80oC or less than 80oC. }
sfk

Last edited:
I used Araldite to glue an oven door magnet. After a while it failed.

You can get double sided foam tape for ovens, used some re-fit a door glass.

everbuild do a silicone that is good up to 300 celcius

Will that gasket/sealant type stuff work as glue?

I need to stick a thin magnet and associated bit of steel to keep the door closed

It may vary depending on the type of magnet (ferrous/rare earth etc) but magnets can lose their magnetism at high temperatures - I know for iron magnets it's at about 1300C so not really an issue here but the cheap ones made from powdered composite materials might have a lower curie point.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back