Hik Vision DS-7204HQHI-K1 Offline

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have tried pretty much everything to get this device back online but now at a complete loss. I have had the device up and running for a few months, however over the past week or so I have been unable to connect and view my camera's remotely. Once I started researching I found that I simply had to reboot the router. This worked initially, however the device would go offline more frequently. I am no unable to get this back online so would appreciate any help.

I can see that the device is connected to my router and can log into the IP address from within my home network
I have performed a Ping test to dev.hik-connect.com and works fine
I have performed a Telnet test, this worked too

Thanks in advance for any help or guidance

Sponsored Links
I’m using a Hikvision DS-7204HUHI-K1 and use Hik-Connect to view remotely, it worked flawlessly for several months, both mine and my daughters went “offline” intermittently for a couple of weeks.
Tried everything at my end to no avail, both now back working fine, I put it down to a problem with the Hik-Connect server.

Double check your Ethernet connections both router and DVR ends, sometimes the little locking clips aren’t fully home and can lose contact.

Since using Hik-Connect I’ve noticed on both my iPhone and iPad that it tends to log you out every now and again (iVMS 4500).
Make sure you are logged in and the appropriate cameras are selected for remote viewing.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply, everything is is working order on the home network, cables are firmly in and I can see the device on my network. Just cannot seem to get the thing online at all :(

What are you viewing it on, iVMS 4500 iOS/ Android, iVMS 4200 Windows or thru a browser ?

I have had both the iVMS 4500 and Hik-Connect App working. On both Android and Apple devices. I can view the camera's through these apps whilst on my home WiFi network just not remotely.

if you can view while at home but not outside suggests something like the router is blocking connection. My setup with my NVR I have to turn port forwarding on the router or I can’t see outside my local network. Never used the hiddns option but is that something that is required?

When setting up my dvr this happened I could view off home wifi but not outdoors on 4g it turned out I had wrong IP address on app .

In Network, check you have valid DNS server addresses. Usually, it will be the gateway address but I've had instances where Google's DNS servers have worked better (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4). Also, check you have the correct default gateway as both of these will cause the issue you're describing.

Thanks for replying - Yeah, I have tried entering the Google DNS servers (Primary and Secondary) however still made no difference.

If it's hiddns then first thing to check is port forwarding is open and still in router ! Has the router been reset ?

So, I answered your question earlier but not sure I was entirely correct. I am not sure if I am using hiddns to be honest. I did perform a factory reset on the router earlier though too.

Here is what I have tried so far, still without luck:

I can see the device attached to my router
I can access the device and log into the IP address via a browser
I can access and view the camera’s using Hik-Connect app whilst on my WiFi only
I have ran a successful ping test to dev.hik-connect.com
I have ran a successful Telnet
I have updated the firmware version on the device to V3.5.50 Build 180124
I have reset my router to factory settings
I have changed DNS Servers to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

If it's a fairly new dvr ( not a k1) will be f1 ....it won't have hiddns....it will be cloud account , if so are you logged into the cloud account ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back