Hik Vision DS-7204HQHI-K1 Offline

Sponsored Links
Ok if you have it on your phone ....turn off wifi on your phone , now try to connect via 3/4g

Sometimes if / when you update DVR firmware it can alter / default some settings, so may be worth logging in to your DVR as admin and checking.
Configuration - Network - Platform Access check that Hik-Connect box is ticked, l also have Enable Stream Encryption ticked and see if device is showing online or offline.
Under the Network - General tab you can double check you addresses

I have logged onto the the DVR as admin, ensured ticks are in the correct boxes, Changed DNS settings per previous advice but still showing as offline (within DVR). I have performed a factory reset of the DVR too but still not been able to change the Platform Access status from offline.

Sponsored Links
Providing your ip addresses and syntax is all ok and you are able to view via wi-fi it points towards your router settings / firewall.

There is a 17 page Hikvision pdf available as a download that covers setting up Hik-Connect
https://www.hikvision.com/ueditor/net/upload/2017-01-05/fff5d82f-35e1-49cd-8cce-01dcd805fe12.pdf

This is a Note from it.

Note:
In order to improve your user experience, we recommend you enable the UPnP function in both your router and device, or configure Ports Forwarding manually in your router.
You still can use Hik-Connect service even if you don’t enable UPnP or configure ports forwarding manually; however, you cannot use Hik-Connect domain name service.

All - many thanks to all those that have helped try and troubleshoot. I seem to have finally got things working again, I have been connected/online for the last 2 hours without interruption so far!

To get working, I ended up performing a factory reset from within the router login page (as opposed to the reset button on the router which I had done a couple of times previously). This reset the router back to factory defaults and seem to enable my online connection right away. Fingers crossed this now stays connected for me..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back