hikvision cctv setup

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Iv got a 8 channel hikvision hard drive. Everythin was working fine ie wifi coverage on tv and data coverage on my mobile.
Now i can only view my camera coverage from wifi not on my mobile data.
as far as i can remember i think i did somethin to my router and lost my mobile data coverage
can anyone help to set it up again?

Sponsored Links
Hi sparky

It was all set up when it was installed over a year ago. Im asumin it was a free dns service and port forward.

How can i chk?

To check port forwarding is set correctly on your router simply find out your current IP address you connect to your ISP with and then enter this into browser such as xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8000

Thus trying to access your own IP address with :8000 added to the end. This assumes you have not changed the default address on the HIK recorder.

Sponsored Links
Hi all

Thanks for all your help went into dvr settings and deleted settin and reinput info
All working now.
another question when viewing on mobile date i have to manually switch over to mobile data on the ivms4500 app.
is there a function which automatically switches from wifi to data???

If set up correctly it should do it automatic , in the hik app on your phone what do you have in register mode ?

Hi sparky
in the devices mode i have home wifi and demo 02 which is remote access.

If im out i have to tick demo02 mode to view.

Id like to something like internet when home automatically piks up wifi and when out piks up the mobile data.

Is ther a function like this?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back