- Joined
- 13 Nov 2010
- Messages
- 108
- Reaction score
- 0
- Country

So I fairly certain I have fixed the damaged cable. I happen to spot somewhere where there were signs of it being folded over. I trimmed it back and hey presto the cable passes continuity test now. I happen to have a gigabit ethernet switch next to the nvr so its connected to the internet. I plugged the cable in there then plugged it into my laptop. I can surf the web.
However when i connect the ip camera to the NVR, I get nothing. I have tested the camera at the nvr using a short ethenet cable, it works fine! The camera seems to have power because when I cover it up, the infrared leds come on. I have tried resetting using a 30 on then 30 unplugged then 30 plugged in again but it still refuses to give me a picture.
However when i connect the ip camera to the NVR, I get nothing. I have tested the camera at the nvr using a short ethenet cable, it works fine! The camera seems to have power because when I cover it up, the infrared leds come on. I have tried resetting using a 30 on then 30 unplugged then 30 plugged in again but it still refuses to give me a picture.