hips

Agile said:
Yes, but hold on folks!

The HIP has to include an energy efficiency assessment like your fridge or washing machine.

Now, why oh why would a prospective purchaser have an interest as to how efficient MY fridge is?

Sponsored Links
oilman said:
Agile said:
Yes, but hold on folks!

The HIP has to include an energy efficiency assessment like your fridge or washing machine.

Now, why oh why would a prospective purchaser have an interest as to how efficient MY fridge is?

Well If iwas buying your house oil I would, would it keep my cider cold without causing a tidal wave in indonesia is what I would be thinking

:)

corgiman said:
oilman said:
Agile said:
Yes, but hold on folks!

Well If iwas buying your house oil I would, would it keep my cider cold without causing a tidal wave in indonesia is what I would be thinking

:)

So when I move, and take my fridge, I assume the purchaser would be planning to come over from time to time to get the use of my fridge.

Um...tidal waves are caused by seismic activity, not inefficient fridges. :cool:

Good luck if anyone wants to come and see what rating they think my fridge is - it took me over an hour to get the b****y thing out last time when I needed to. There's no rating sticker visible from the front either.

<cycnicism> Isn't all this more to do with the Govt getting inspectors into every house due to be sold so that they can gauge how far to put up the Council tax ? </cynicism> :evil:

Damn silly idea IMHO.

Sponsored Links
whilst hips is in question i'll fire a question in too, home energy courses run by gas training companies. does this entitle the plumber to conduct a hips inspection for any property seller or does a seperate course need to be aquired for it(degree course)

i know where i live every general builder is looking at getting on the same train claiming it doesnt take a degree to say about damp proofing insulations ect.

so what is the real script with it all and what is needed to undertake the survey.

thanks
terry

Its not what is needed to be known, that does not seem to be very much, its having the relevant qualification that is required to permit you to issue the HIP survey results.

The Building Surveyors have hijacked the business and dealt with it as an add on for people with an existing RICS whenever possible. That was fine when it was going to include a building condition report but thats no longer the case.

The energy efficiency assessment requirement for the HIP is very minor and little more than any CORGI with the Energy Efficiency module. Since the Home Condition Report was only recently dropped no-one seems to have cottoned on to the fact that many CORGIs are prime material to be trained for this work.

Probably, the RICS members are already frightened by seeing so much profitable work going out of the window they are clinging onto the remaining Efficiency surveys.

Are you sure that gas trainers are really offering training for the HIP Inspectors??? Which ones?

Tony

PS Obviously when I mentioned HIP energy efficiency surveys like your fridge and washing machine I only meant that the efficiency of the house was measured and not the domestic appliances.

apparently icon training in bury offer some sort of course in energy effeciency whether ti gives true accreditations im not sure, it was simple and breif discussion whilst takign acs that i really didnt pay to much attention to incase it was a case of drumming up future work.

been on to local colleges from scratch £6000.00 intermediate £3000.00

awarding bodies

c&g, abbe, nat association of estate agents.

abbe has online mock exam to show what miight be involved and is construction related looks like its aimed at already surveyors as you will need to be brickie, sparkie, roofer and so on orientated.

would recomend taking the exam on abbe website but you need to know about insects rats glass rooffing and many more poxy things that are not efficency related, its basically a building surveyors things not energy related

still at a blank with this hips business, local colleges and uni offer degree and hnd courses whilst gas training offer a 130 quid course that allows to register part L notifications on uild regs or something like that.

no one can answer as to whether the part L bit of energy efficiency is allowable as hips or not. can anyone shed further light on the matter

we are talking here ,about a government that has lost all control over everything. so rest assured that hips will be a mere bagatelle to f£kk up.

undoubetdly so, just as much as i have.........

talked to corgi today about the industry and what else i might need to become registered given ive been informed that i need effeciency for part L( ANOTHER MISS LEADER AS I DONT ITS NOT COMPULSARY)

only to find that passing courses and portfollio stuff isnt good enough, that the four modules taken i proberbly cant get registration for as i will need atleast 8 wks worth in each module or something like that, for fires, cookers, central heating and water heaters.

personally i thought the course and exams would be the hardest hurdle to jump but obviously the gaps in the bridges get larger all the time.

Paul Barker said:
We tradesmen know what's a goodun and what's not, why should we pay some sooted and booted numpty with a collapsing ladder and a posh accent to completely miss the real issues?

Class :D

well i recieved a record price for the courses

are you ready six grand for abbe certification.

Sponsored Links
Back