hiring a spray gun for spraying masonry paint on exterior

Have to agree with roller. Spraying looks easy but the bloke you see doing it just sprays all day long and looks after the m/c nothing else, he has to or tips etc will block. He has assistants Masking up and moving ladders( :oops: ) scaffolding and clearing up behind him. If you do spray it it will probly take all weekend to mask up and windows and doors can't be opend/closed and it might rain or worse, blow a gale.
With the roller I tend to load fully and slowly press/push upwards first you will see paint slowly flooding into crevaces then move roller over to next section and rub it dry then go over wet section to pick up exess paint or you'll get mudcracking then load again and go over where you rubbed roller. Easy!!! DuHH.. :LOL: Basicly take your time and put paint on as if your not paying for it but try to avoid mudcracking.
good luck.

Sponsored Links
Hi guys

Zampa - yes i noticed the blurb on the website, theyve just used a generic statement, I find that alot with diy websites.

The TS40 is made by Titan, couldn't find much info apart from a pic when I tried a search engine.

I have now brought a heavy duty 'extra' long pile 9" roller from Focus. I am going to have a go with that.

Breezer - you'll be pleased to hear that I have also brought a 2m roller extension pole. Now i'll only have to go half to two thirds the way up my ladder!

Thanks for all advice guys will let you know how I get on.

2 metre pole.....be careful of overhead power cables....(thats what the big sticker said on my extending pole for my role...ridiculous)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back