Hive Backplate Compatibility

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I see this has been asked may times and already some suggestions, just wanted to check my particular set up before wasting my 2 days off work!

1)Currently have BG UP1L(RWB9) Programmer. Can this be straight swapped with Hive 3, ie click on without rewiring?
2)If it does, next up is Thermostat, a CM707, has 3 wires, Red/Yellow in use, grey choc-blocked out of use. Presume to link red/yellow and block off with wall plate?
Thanks in Advance!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Thanks Ian(y)

if it helps anyone else, this was a simple install.
Got Hive from Screwfix £129, full dual receiver/hub kit.
Backplate and existing wiring meant straight swap (Backplate was a bit of a squeeze, so swapped for new one anyway, as easy to do). Bridged old thermostat, and good to go.
Issue with HW not sparking boiler/pump in to action initially, but once hub/app etc all linked and logged in it works fine (coincidence or delay in system sync?)
Total time about an hour, now have thermostat in a room where it is more effective, and a lot more control of usage.
Just looking at Thermostat waiting for something exciting to happen:ROFLMAO:
RWB9 wiring pic attached if it helps

Attachments

• BB4D7A88-33D1-4276-BB7B-432D60EC8D07.jpeg
    BB4D7A88-33D1-4276-BB7B-432D60EC8D07.jpeg
    262 KB · Views: 1,039
Just be aware anyone looking to do this on their own installs, the colours of the wires mean absolutely nothing, you need to go by number of terminal to corresponding number, completely ignore the colours in a heating wiring setup

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back