Hive Boiler control Wiring

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Hi,
I'm using hive thermostatic radiator valves but want to take it to the next level and install boiler control. I picked up a mini thermostat and single channel receiver but I'm lost on the wiring.

The stove is a wood pellet boiler stove and I know not on the list of recommended Stoves but the stove manual clearly shows that an external thermostat can be used.

I had asked a local electrician to take a look but he hasn't bothered to call over.

Attached is the manual for the stove and the wiring diagram for the hive controller. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

I appreciate that the stove is a wood pellet boiler stove and not supported by hive but I do think it is worth a try.

Attachments

• MERANO17.pdf
    10.9 MB · Views: 21
  • Screenshot_20231119_111143_Firefox.jpg
    Screenshot_20231119_111143_Firefox.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 17
Sponsored Links
Imo, if you have L and N, then it’s a case of joining both wires from terminal 1 into Hive 1 and 3.

Imo, if you have L and N, then it’s a case of joining both wires from terminal 1 into Hive 1 and 3.
So just to confirm. L and N from a plug/independent from the stove?
Terminal 1 (External thermostat) into Hive 1 +3. Why together?
This sounds easy enough so..

Sponsored Links
So just to confirm. L and N from a plug/independent from the stove?
Terminal 1 (External thermostat) into Hive 1 +3. Why together?
This sounds easy enough so..
I would take L and N from the same source, so not independent from Stove. I didn’t say together, one wire would go to 1 and the other would go to 3.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back