Hive heating installation Help

Read the text at the side of each. It tells you what to get depending on the sort of system that you have.

Capture.JPG

Sponsored Links
I am also on the same boat. after reading this forum, i think mine is also a direct swap. Can anyone confirm as i do not want to break my boiler. Thanks guys!
IMG_3806.JPG
IMG_4189.JPG
IMG_4184.JPG

Yep that’s exactly the same as mine. Easy swap over - you just swap the outer casing that you’ve taken off. Honestly really that easy.

Yep that’s exactly the same as mine. Easy swap over - you just swap the outer casing that you’ve taken off. Honestly really that easy.

Thanks ravsaidha,

Have just received HIVE. Will do it now. Wish me luck! will keep you informed.

Sponsored Links

As you said, i have just replaced the top part of the receiver, not even need to install the new plate. Got everything working in 15 mins. Also got my Alexa links to Hive, now i can control heater by talking to Alexa.

Thanks everyone.

Hi, I have the same setup as above. I’m looking to replace the wr1 with the hive single channel receiver, silly question but does the power need to be off when swapping the units over as ideally I don’t want to power down the boiler as I’ve had problems restarting it in the past.

Thanks

Am I missing something? In both cases your wiring is connected to the hot water ON and hot water OFF terminals of the backplate. Surely the outputs should be from terminals 3 (HW) and 4(CH)?
And you're saying it was a straightforward clip off, clip on installation?
no the hive single unit switches between 1 +3 as does the existing receiver

Thanks Dean - I have a Greenstar Combi Boiler but I'm confused where the hot water part is coming from? I would have thought we'd have the same model...never is that easy is it!

On this link (WR1 = Drayton) (http://www.draytoncontrols.co.uk/sites/default/files/Digistat1RFUIGuide.pdf) it appears to say:
N = Neutral (same as Hive)
L = Live (same as Hive)
1 = Common (same as Hive)
2 = Heating satisfied or call for cooling (is this Heating off?)
3 = Call for heat (same as Hive for Heating on?)

i'm looking at the Hive Single channel by the way

am i missing something really obvious?
yes the hive only controls the heating a combi boiler the HW is controlled when a hot tap is run, the hive dual channel is not for a combi boiler

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back