Hive instal. Logic ideal wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys.

I fitted a Hive for my mum as far as im aware my wiring is correct but we cant get the stat and receiver to pair.

Paired the L N E from the boiler to the receiver.
Then i i linked L in receiver to terminal marked “1”. Then i brought room stat cable to terminal marked “3” on receiver.

Is this correct??

Sponsored Links
The wiring at the Hive end could be right provided the boiler is wired for 230V control (most do use this method) some use 24v for their control circuits in which case making the link between L and 1 would put 230V on a circuit designed for 24v and damage it.

You don't really say where the wire from Hive 3 ends up. You mention the room stat cable, but that's not the end of the journey and there can be 2, 3 or 4 wires at a roomstat depending on the installation. How have you removed the old room stat? and what have you done with the other wires that went to it?

A photo often helps here.

If there is a timeswitch somewhere (as part of the boiler sometimes) that usually needs to be set to be permanently on and then the Hive will take full control of all functions. Time and temperature.

Have you tried pressing the button on the front of the receiver? If so did it fire up the boiler? if yes then the wiring is correct and it's a paring issue. If not then there's a problem with the wiring.

Im on my way back there now so ill post a photo in the next 10/15 min

Please see attached picture. I have wires the black into “1” on the receiver and the grey into “4”

Sponsored Links
Sorry can't see any picture.

Also, which version of Hive do you have? Single channel for a combi boiler, or dual channel for heat only boiler. Ideal Logic comes in both variants.

Please see image

Attachments

• IMG_0348.jpeg
    IMG_0348.jpeg
    328.9 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0348.jpeg
    IMG_0348.jpeg
    328.9 KB · Views: 21
Sorry can't see any picture.

Also, which version of Hive do you have? Single channel for a combi boiler, or dual channel for heat only boiler. Ideal Logic comes in both variants.
Ive just added the picture. Its a single channel

Boiler Roomstat/Timer terminals go to Hive single channel 1 & 3 it doesn't matter which way around.

333.jpg

Boiler Mains N & L to Hive N & L

No link between Hive L and 1 required

It will work either way around, it's just an on / off switch. But convention is usually that the right terminal (black wire) goes to 1 and the left terminal (grey wire) goes to 3

Thank you. Boiler appears to be working, temps showing as 00 and state just says re connecting

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back