Hive Install with Danfoss Controllers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Danfoss Controller wired up like pictures below.

I installed the Hive Controller and wired it same but minus the thermostat connections on 5 and 6. All seemed to be working fine, as in the Hive hub and thermostat all talking to each other and the controller but when I either manually select either Hot Water or heating or turn up the thermostat or turn on via the app the two green lights come on the Hive Controller but the boilr does not come on.
I have a 2nd Danfoss controller upstairs that just does heating upstairs - that's still connected and boiler comes on fine with that.

Any ideas before I call someone out ?

Danfoss Back.jpg
Danfoss Front.jpg

Sponsored Links
Not really sure what you are asking, have you replaced the Danfoss with the Hive dual channel ? if you have, post a pic of the wiring of the Hive dual channel backplate

Hi Ian,

Yes - I did replace with Dual Channel and it seemed to be working in so far as the Hive Thermostat would turn the Green lights on the front of the Hive controller on but the boiler would not start - no matter how high a temp I selected or did the boost option. Wiring wise I removed the thermostat connections on 5 and 6 and what's in 3 and 4 I put in 3 and 4 on the Hive controller

Sponsored Links
would seem that you have an open circuit where you removed the wires from 5&6

Ah - should I terminate both ends then ? I just put both wires in a connector block - not joined together and the other end is still connected to the thermostat in the hall as was.

Ah OK - I thought with it being disconnected it was no longer linked ?

Ah OK - I thought with it being disconnected it was no longer linked ?
No you have created an Open Circuit, there must be a wiring centre somewhere and they are still connected in the centre and you have made it open circuit, lights will come on at the Hive receiver but wont open the zone valve

5 and 6 are remote Sensor - the thermostat. Hence me not needing them on the Hive Controller

But you're saying I need to just join them as they're connected somewhere else - I'll give it a try tomorrow. Do I need to remove / join the cables at the old thermostat end as well ?

5 and 6 are remote Sensor - the thermostat. Hence me not needing them on the Hive Controller
would be better if you posted a pic of your wiring centre with what the wires in 5&6 went to ? not sure what you mean by remote sensors ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back