Hive Installation - Worcester Bosch greenstar heatslave ii 18/25

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'd like to fit a Hive to my Worcester oil combi and pretty familiar with the connections I need to make from the boiler to the Hive, apart from how to bypass/remove/disable the existing programmer, which is a Greenstar Comfort RF. It isn't connected via the ribbon cable, but via contacts with it mounted into the boiler's drawer panel. Is it a simple case of removing the programmer or do I need to do anything else to disable it?

Any help appreciated. Some pics attached.

Attachments

• IMG_20220111_114959833.jpg
    IMG_20220111_114959833.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 264
  • IMG-20220111-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20220111-WA0005.jpg
    223.3 KB · Views: 241
  • IMG-20220111-WA0007.jpg
    IMG-20220111-WA0007.jpg
    238.7 KB · Views: 252
Sponsored Links
Have you read the installation manual?

Yes but it's not particularly useful to answer my question about whether simply removing the controller will bypass/disable what I need to in order for the Hive to take over.

Yes but it's not particularly useful to answer my question about whether simply removing the controller will bypass/disable what I need to in order for the Hive to take over.
It looks as though the receiver plugs into the boiler, so you may be able to set to constantly on, then let hive do the rest?

Sponsored Links
I'd like to fit a Hive to my Worcester oil combi and pretty familiar with the connections I need to make from the boiler to the Hive, apart from how to bypass/remove/disable the existing programmer, which is a Greenstar Comfort RF. It isn't connected via the ribbon cable, but via contacts with it mounted into the boiler's drawer panel. Is it a simple case of removing the programmer or do I need to do anything else to disable it?

Any help appreciated. Some pics attached.
Hi did you ever work this out. I have the same boiler and am struggling to connect the hive. I’m gettining an output from it but boiler isn’t responding.
Thanks.

Hi did you ever work this out. I have the same boiler and am struggling to connect the hive. I’m gettining an output from it but boiler isn’t responding.
Thanks.
Can you post a photo of the wiring at the boiler and hive?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back