Help! Hive Installation - Worcester Bosch greenstar heatslave ii 18/25

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I have been given a Hive 2 With Dual Channel Receiver.

I would like to use it with my Worcester Bosch Greenstar Heatslave ii 18/25

After reading around online I am aware that the single receiver version should be used for Combi boilers. However it can also be seen a Dual Channel receiver can be successfully used for this purpose. (Also as this was gifted from a friend I have no option to return or exchange)

Currently fitted with Drayton DT20RF/LP20RF

images

Ideally I would still like to control the Hot water On/Off via Hive App if need E.g at night

Please can some one advise on how this should be wired up? (Possibly by annotating my wiring diagram?)

Attached is an image showing the existing wiring and a diagram for possible annotation.

Any help would be hugely appreciated as I am going cross eyed.

Attachments

• Wiring.jpg
    Wiring.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 3,269
  • Wiring 1.jpg
    Wiring 1.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 1,468
Sponsored Links
Thank you for your response. It has been used. I had not got as far as to look at pairing :censored: A quick google suggests Hive will not re register?

It can be done you need some 5 core flex.

Connect live, neutral and earth on the Hive to L N E on the orange plug in the boiler.

3 on the Hive to HW, and 4 to CH on the yellow plug.

Then you will need to disconnect the ribbon cable behind the clock from the plug that it is plugged into.

To sign into the app you would need your friend sign in details or a new hub of you can't use them.

Sponsored Links
It can be done you need some 5 core flex.

Connect live, neutral and earth on the Hive to L N E on the orange plug in the boiler.

3 on the Hive to HW, and 4 to CH on the yellow plug.

Then you will need to disconnect the ribbon cable behind the clock from the plug that it is plugged into.

To sign into the app you would need your friend sign in details or a new hub of you can't use them.

hi do i leave the live loops on boiler in position or remove them many thanks i have 2x 1 live to hw and l to ch

you have to remove the ribbon from the DT20 or it will over ride your hive

sorry im aware you have to remove ribbon but there are two loops on the boiler between live and hot water and live and central heating as per pic do i remove these loops before fitting hive many thanks

Yes if your fitting the dual channel Hive. Or only the one between L and CH if your fitting the single channel one.

many thanks so using the single channel hive i leave the loop in place between live and hot water remove live central heating sorry but a bit lost so live neutral n and earth is pretty straight forward i then need 3 and 4 on hive to ch and hw on boiler am i correct with this

Yes leave the link form L to HW.
No if using a single channel there is no connection to hot water.
Boiler - Hive
N - N
L - L
Link L - 1 on the receiver
CH to 3

Hi many thanks for your help i did as suggested heating ok no hotwater with link on receiver l to l1 i then attatched the grey wire to l1 on receiver and to hot water on boiler and seems to be working am i right with this thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back