Hive multizone heating control

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does any one have any ideas if adding another Hive Active Heating™ thermostat and receiver to my existing hub means that the thermostat and receiver have to be installed as a pair unit (meaning each other knows about its MAC or identity code?) or I have to buy the official hive multizone kit?

I am only asking as certain people off ebay are selling the thermostat and receiver separately, and I was hoping to wire my under floor heating (that's on another zone form my main house HW) with another thermostat and receiver off ebay.

any help or confirmation appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Even when the items are purchased as kits together, they are not supplied pre-linked. When a thermostat is first powered up, it will search for the receiver (via the hub I believe) before communicating, based on that I would imagine that separately purchased units will still work together OK. Though not having done it I can't say for certain.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back