Hive not firing the heating??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a Baxi Eco Elite DS which I'm trying to instal Hive G1 Single Channel too. I have connected No1 on the Hive to No2 on the boiler and No3 on Hive to No1 on the boiler. The Hive seems to work, the light for the heating comes on when the temperature is raised above ambient but it doesn't fire the heating on the boiler. It's a new boiler with only the mechanical timer switch fitted. I've included some pictures. Any ideas please?
IMG_8220.JPG
IMG_8218.JPG
IMG_8217.JPG

Sponsored Links
Looks to be wired correctly so as said above - make sure the built in timer is set to always on.

You really should provide some mechanical fixings for those cables though. Something falling or tugging on them could leave you with exposed line connections. Also sleeve the blue switched live with brown sleeving.

Is the boiler still getting power? Where does the receiver get its power from?

Having it switched on doesn't make any difference unfortunately. Once it's all working I will fix the cable down properly.

Sponsored Links
The boiler and the Hive are fed from a fused switched spur to the side of the boiler. It works fine once disconnected from the Hive.

The boiler and the Hive are fed from a fused switched spur to the side of the boiler. It works fine once disconnected from the Hive.

Clarify? You mean if you put a link across the two terminals?

No, it's not set to winter mode.

Yes, once the link is returned.

When you press the override button on the receiver and the green light comes on for ch demand do you here it making a click (switch making)

Winter mode is for ch, turn selector switch to winter and make sure timer is on constant

A symbol with both a radiator and tap sign? Try your connections at the boiler are good and if you have a multimeter check for 240v between the two wires, when you've put a demand on for ch

Sorry typing to slow:~(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back