Hive to replace Drayton LP822 and Digistat+RF

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to replace the existing LP822 and wireless thermostat and thought the backplate wiring was identical. However there are no connections for H or HW OFF. So advice would be great.

System boiler and cylinder.

photos are attached.

DSC_0450_2.JPG
DSC_0455_2.JPG

Sponsored Links
If the existing setup doesn’t have heating or hot water off, then you’ve likely got an s-plan system, in which once the heating or hot water is satisfied, then the signal is no longer being sent to motorised valve, so those 2 are not needed.

You’ll need to disconnect the wires going to the scr though, the Hive takes care of all of this.

thanks for the response. To I need to link the SCR 1 and 3 wires together? Or can I remove completely?

I read on another thread about doing this. (But removing completely is much easier)

Remove the wires completely. Trace them to the wiring center and you may need to re-jig the wires a little, because the scr heating call will be connected to the motorised valve the wiring center. Which will need to be swapped for the programmer one. If you’re unsure post a photo of wiring center as well.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
So the Grey wire from the programmer (T) in terminal 9 needs to go to terminal 2 and remove the black wire. Remove the grey wire at terminal 3 and the L, N and Earth. This should then be the scr removed, and remove the wires and scr backplate next to the programmer.

So the Grey wire from the programmer (T) in terminal 9 needs to go to terminal 2 and remove the black wire. Remove the grey wire at terminal 3 and the L, N and Earth. This should then be the scr removed, and remove the wires and scr backplate next to the programmer.
What @CBW advises will work, but best if you leave the grey wire in terminal 9, remove wires in terminals 2&3 and make a link between the two terminals, remove the rest of the wiring to the SCR, you are just doing exactly the same thing, but this way you are following the guide that the LWC wiring centre is intended to do, will help anyone in the future trying to make any wiring alterations as they can then follow the manus wiring diagram

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back