Replacing Drayton LP822 with Hive

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I hope this is as straightforward as it seems.

I've taken a couple of pictures of my existing wiring. Maybe someone can confirm if the Hive is a straight swap for the LP822?

Where I'm more stuck is the thermostat. Do I need to bridge the wiring there?
IMG_20221019_085001.jpg
IMG_20221019_085015.jpg
IMG_20221019_085201.jpg
IMG_20221019_085139.jpg

Any pointers much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Yes Hive would be a direct swap, can even use the industry standard backplate. The green/yellow wire that’s in terminal 3 shouldn’t be used as a live but it has so apply some brown sleeving. The thermostat wiring would need to be traced in the wiring center or set to maximum and left there and let the hive take over.

Thanks very much for the quick reply.

Does this make sense at all?

Is there any way to trace the wiring without a multimeter, a long bit of cable and a continuity test?
IMG_20221019_135835.jpg

If you are happy to leave the old thermostat on the wall just put the yellow and red wires into the same terminal

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
Thanks very much for the quick reply.

Does this make sense at all?

Is there any way to trace the wiring without a multimeter, a long bit of cable and a continuity test?View attachment 283054
It’s better confirming, but it appears to be the yellow wire that meets the white (from the 3 port) and brown.

I've installed the hive receiver, thermostat and hub but the underlying issue remains.
Maybe I should have mentioned this sooner.
We've moved into this house just 2 weeks ago.
We had hive at our last place and it worked well.

Here at the new place, as soon as you turn on the isolator switch to the programmer, it runs the CH full blast. I suspected the thermostat downstairs to be faulty as you cannot hear any click when you turn the dial.
I thought this would be a good chance to switch back to Hive in the new house and bypass the faulty thermostat.

Unfortunately the issue still continues.

Previous owners say that they never had problems but then again, the house has also been empty for almost a year if that makes any difference.

Any pointers where I should start looking?

I notice that my back plate has wiring to the Neutral, Live, Hot Water off NC, (nothing connected to heating off NC), then connections to hot water on (NO) and Heating on (NO).

Unclipped the Drayton motorized valve and triggered the CH on the hive.
The motor turns then a relay click sound and the grundfos pump fires up.

When I turn the hive CH signal off, the Drayton valve stays open and the grundfos keeps pumping.

The only way to reset the motorised valve and turn the CH off is to turn off the power at the isolater switch.

You’ve got an extra wire with the white from the motorised valve. Where the brown going to.

Usually only 3 wires on the orange too. Heating engineer required

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back