Hmm, something wrong here !

OK, response from the manufacturer is pretty much as guessed - it's to do with illuminated switches.
The fuse is placed before the switch on all of our fused switches. The reason being, if the fuse blows on any switch with a neon indicator this will extinguish in this set up. If the fuse is after the switch it will still illuminate causing confusion.
As you say - as you expected. However, what they say is obviously only correct if the neon is wired (I would say 'incorrectly') to the switch output - rather than to the output of the whole accessory.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
Obviously, in a "grid" type setup like these, that will be the case unless the switch has separate contacts for the indicator - which is something I've rarely seen.

Obviously, in a "grid" type setup like these, that will be the case unless the switch has separate contacts for the indicator ....
Indeed so.
.... - which is something I've rarely seen.
Same here - but IIRC I have actually seen it in my time. However, as I said before, IMO the 'correct' grid/modular realisation of a switch+fuse+indicator usually requires 3 modules.

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back