Hob and Oven Switch position

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a new kitchen and need to move the old Cooker switch as it will now sit directly over the hob.. How far do I need to move it?
The wiring is 6mm rated fuse 30amp will this be ok to run both the oven and hob from a new DP 30amp switch?
Hob and Oven are Sagi brand

Sponsored Links
Not sure of regs over(down)there but convention seems to be 300mm sideways seperation.

Stand by for an answer I will check my AS3000 AU/NZ tomorrow as I think it is 500mm which is the distance for a prohibited zone. I am dubious about running both oven and stove from the same cable but will check that aspect too. If necessary I will consult a sparks I know over in N.Z just to clarify as some stuff there is different from Australia even with identical regs!

Sponsored Links
Ok as far as NZ is concerned AS3000 says one switch can be used for oven and hotplate however it also says not required if it is built in. I can find no reference to distances but would err on the side of caution and say 500mm I have found these days built in ovens and hotplates have a standard 10A plug hanging on the end so it is simple to fit two sockets and simply plug em in. NZ does have a specific cooker connector so you may need one of those. Hope this helps.
Aus steve

Back