Installing a electric oven and hob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a electric oven and gas hob in a property at the moment but the main gas pipe has leaked under the floor so the easiest thing o do would be to replace the hob to electric. I am now going to need a extra socket by oven for the hob. The oven is currently on its own circuit. It has a 32 amp fuse in the consumer unit running to a fuse spare with 100 mm cable, then a 13 amp fuse in the spare running 2.5mm cable to the oven. As I need another socket for hob would this be to change the fuse spare to a cooker isolating socket (see link) then from the cooker isolating socket to fuse spare, then fuse spare to cooker. I understand I may not need the fuse spare as it has a fuse in consumer unit but would this be better, also would a 32 amp fuse be big enough to hold 2 appliance or would it need a 45 amp in consumer unit.

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Ele...r+Switch+Socket+45amp+Neon/d190/sd2633/p67386

Sponsored Links
What you are saying does not make sense.

But what I can say is hops do not plug in, they are fixed wiring.
Under part P of the building regulations you are not allowed to do electrical work in a kitchen without notifying building control (and paying a hefty fee). Cheaper and safer to call in a qualified sparks.

Sponsored Links
Back