HOLE BESIDE BATH ON WALL

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I HAVE A HOLE IN MY WALL NEAR THE END OF MY BATH, MY WALLS ARE PLASTERBOARD. WHAT IS THE BEST AND QUICKEST WAY OF REPAIRING IT? :(

Sponsored Links
Hi Lynnie,
Is nobody talking to you.I will.How big is the hole in your bathroom wall?Is it a finished painted wall,or will you be putting tiles on it?

Roughcaster.

i have managed to repair the hole. But i am finding it hard to seal it to stop leaking under the bath.

Sponsored Links
i have managed to repair the hole. But i am finding it hard to seal it to stop leaking under the bath.

Lynnie,
I think you are talking about sealing the bath with silicone.You will need to fill the bath with water,and run a bead of silicone sealant all around the edge of the bath where it meets the wall, and leave it to cure overnight and then empty the bath in the morning.This is quite a simple job to do,but it might be better to get someone to help if you are unsure,or you have nobody there with you.That will certainly stop the water going under the bath. Good luck to you.

Roughcaster.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back