Holey walls..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any advice? We've had a new first floor extension built and the builders have done a good job. However, as I didn't specify old walls to be reskimmed, they did do several of the old walls. The walls aren't in a bad way, but have several holes from wall screws etc. I can fill them, but I know the wall will annoy me. Is there an easy way to reskim the wall smooth? I was wondering if any of the Polycell range are any good? Anyone used it? The basecoat variety... Anyone.. Thanks..

Sponsored Links
You can now get a self leveling paint! (that's probably not the right name). One of my collegues mentioned it to a customer (I'd never heard of it), who had unsightly ridges on the wall (from where several layers of paint had ended at his old units). He also had a mass of old rawplugs in the walls.

Later in the week, I saw the finished result. It looked like it had been skimmed AND repainted. Very impressed. Sorry, I didn't see the can, so I don't know what it is called, but others on here may know the stuff I'm talking about. It's quite expensive, but you simply apply it with a brush (like paint :))

Although I've not tried it I believe it's called smoothover and made by polycell. It is applied with a smoothing tool rather than a brush.

Sponsored Links
I believe it's called smoothover
That's the stuff. As I say, I didn't see it applied so I'm probably wrong about the paint brush. The finished result was very impressive though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back