Holidays

I

imamartian

I have three kids (aged 4,8,11) and have spent most of my adult life trying to save and pay off my mortgage. But the other day i suddenly decided i've got it all wrong... and i think i should try to get the kids all around the world, and holiday in all the places that could mould their lives.

So add to the mortgage, and holiday twice a year for the next five years...

Where would you suggest i take them... Florida? Safari? Australia? China? Skiing? Cruise?

Any thoughts welcome...

Sponsored Links
Florida rocks our boat ,been there four times(not boasting)Disney world is the place to go with your kids the age they are,something for everyone including the biggest kid of all, yourself.

i think i should try to get the kids all around the world, and holiday in all the places that could mould their lives.

Where would you suggest i take them... Florida? Safari? Australia? China? Skiing? Cruise?

Any thoughts welcome...

Ibiza/Falirakii or afghanistan ;)

Hate to be a party poop here, but aeroplanes and "carbon footprints" spring to mind. Therefore a library would be a good place for them to go and read about the world.

Sponsored Links
The highlands of Scotland in autumn! the most beautiful scenery in the world. :p

It doesn't matter where you go, the main thing is that you're together. The best holidays I've had were camping holidays, getting eaten by midgies up the west coast, feeding slices of bread to curious sheep, $h!tt!ng in a hole and being dive bombed by seagulls.
I've been here there and everywhere too but nowadays I'd rather not spend two days of my holiday in an airport.

thanks dextrous !!! :confused:

yes, Scotland is on the 'local' list defo... alastair...

i just want the kids to remember a vastly varied childhood, rather than the odd cornwall trip and camping in the rain cus mum'n'dad weren't loaded....

How about long cruises that stop off at a variety of places en route?

If you want to start your kids off gently, then a trip to Spain or the Balearic Islands is in order. Only two hours on a plane,,,, great.
Next year try any of the Greek Islands, or The Canary Islands,,,, 4 hours away... Nothing like breaking the kids in gently to air travel.

Please bear with me here,,, Don't take your kids, when they are less than 18 months old !! There's nothing worse than being on a plane with a screaming kid, bawling every yard of the way up to cruising height,,, and there's nothing worse than a kid screaming all the way down to Terra Firma..... :D :D :D :D :D :D

Ohh, and pease don't get on to an aircraft with your brood at East Mids, ,,, if their going to cry and scream all the way,,, If I'm on the same flight ;) ;) ;)

thought about a cruise Dex.. but it's a long time in an expensive (but huge ) hotel... although i might do one when the kids leave home!

JoinerJohn, we have been on a few holidays with the kids.... but for the sake of the holiday, and a beach and the sun.... oh and for the cost.... but i now want to throw cost out of the window (within reason) and buy the kids a few amazing experiences...

My youngest is 4, so not too bad with long haul...

Iamamartian,,, You want your kids to experience different cultures??

There's no place better for them to experience this than Normanton Rd !!!
Give them 50p and send them there on the bus mate... They'll hear more languages in one hour , than they'll hear on 40 different tapes from Linguaphone ,,, ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Iamamartian,,, You want your kids to experience different cultures??

There's no place better for them to experience this than Normanton Rd !!!
Give them 50p and send them there on the bus mate... They'll hear more languages in one hour , than they'll hear on 40 different tapes from Linguaphone ,,, ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

lol, but you haven't got killer wales or plasma curtains (northern lights !), or pyramids... or kangaroos in Normanton Rd have you?

It's a difficult call - on the one hand you want to give them variety, but on the other flights and accommodation are expensive. And then there is of course the purpose of the visit - the trouble with the great "wonders" of the world is that they are so touristy, but yet are the most reasonably priced as a package deal. Plus of course, it may not exactly interest them (I now have a complete disdain for stately homes, having been dragged round so many when I was a sprog).

So, in answer to your question - I don't know :oops: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Hey matey, me and the missus booked a holiday in Tenerife, just before Christmas last year.... Booked on the Thursday morning and flew out on the Sunday.... Cost us £345 including insurance for the both of us,,, for a week. Had we gone without the insurance( unadvisable) it would have cost us only £310.... Thats only £155 each for a week in the sun. ...Ok it was self catering but included transfers etc etc. Food was fairly cheap, probably spent less than £50 on food,,, But what a bargain.
Late deals id the way to go. ;) ;)

Sponsored Links
Back