What are your retirement plans (financial perspective)?

Sponsored Links
When visiting the bank they used to ask me if i wanted to see their financial advisor
oh what days does he work
oh everyday
eh no thanks then , he obviously doesnt know how to make money if he has to work everyday

They say that as they make money from your investments a commission which was hidden in the old days but it has to be declared now.

A tied IFA can only sell products related to that co but an indy will know about hopefully other prouducts. They only make money if you invest as they have a cut of that

I'm done with motorbikes. many years of luck would have eventually run out.
I started to learn a few years back (middle 40s) tbh had never even ridden a moped before. Did my CBT and was doing my DAS, had an off during a lesson, luckily low speed in town going round mini roundabout in damp conditions. Even then I had a very sore right leg for a week or so.

Although I wanted to finish the course and hopefully pass my test then get a bike, I reassessed. I concluded I was getting into biking at an age when many start thinking about giving it up. I then thought about my lack of experience, busy roads etc. Much as I didn't want to, I decided to hang up my (still very new) riding boots.

When I used to teach advanced.. it was the DASers who generally had better road skills. The scary ones where those who'd passed the test in 1970whaterver and were born again bikers, having purchased the lates Thou' sports bike.

I still ride bicycles which are no less dangerous.

Sponsored Links
I'm done with motorbikes. many years of luck would have eventually run out.
Same here with the big bike for me. Had a few butt clenching moments on it at speed - wheel spin to max engine revs at 80mph when crossing a white line in the rain, a death wobble at 144mph when fully loaded and nearly got trapped underneath the thing when I back pedalled it out of my drive, turned too early, missed the ramp and dropped off the kerb. Once it got past about 3° of lean with no speed, it got rather heavy rather quick! I abandoned ship. Did about £2k of damage.

3AEA1D62-0E08-490F-8460-9998291448DC.jpeg 16792B44-CB5A-446D-ACB8-618FDE653D17.jpeg

Last edited:
I mostly used to keep the paniers on mine just in case it fell over

I took a package to post once, and when I got home noticed the topbox had gone. Presume it fell off. I retraced my journey but no sign of it.

Same here with the big bike for me. Had a few butt clenching moments on it at speed - wheel spin to max engine revs at 80mph when crossing a white line in the rain, a death wobble at 144mph when fully loaded and nearly got trapped underneath the thing when I back pedalled it out of my drive, turned too early, missed the ramp and dropped off the kerb. Once it got past about 3° of lean with no speed, it got rather heavy rather quick! I abandoned ship. Did about £2k of damage.

Easily done. One fine day I decided to ride up to the lakes, round them and home without stopping. The bike design didn't have much lean onto the side stand, even when parked on perfectly level ground. I was fairly shattered by the time I got to Skipton on the way back and my sense of balance was shot. I pulled onto what seemed like level tarmac, pushed the side stand down, got off, took a step away and watched as over she went. I was lucky, no cracked plastics, just scrapes and I got them resprayed at mates rates.

Learn to live off little money from a young age...

This is the very pointy end of a scam.

If you have a few mins, take the time to watch & listen, then do a brief due dilligence & try to work out what it is they're actually selling.

If you cannot spot it, if you find yourself getting drawn in to the belief that you too can make £millions, then you are their target, what is called a "mark".

Making £money isn't easy, if it was they'd all be doing it !

Sponsored Links
Back