Are You Feeling Financially Challenged???

Reaction score
Country
Palau
Yes, we are IE me and my family inc those that live away from home. Thankfully we
all have a few quid in savings and no loans to speak of other than mortgages.
But we are feeling it.

Diesel/petrol shooting up again. (When oil prices fell a month or two ago the suppliers kept the larger profits)

Gas/Electric prices are massively up and may take off like a rocket.

Supermarket shop, as most other things shooting up massively - quiet a few items up
by 10% over the week.

Mortgage rates going up.

Building materials are either not available or a lot higher than a few months ago.

Property prices in most parts of England went up again last month, a sure-fire recipe for disaster.

Even fish and chips have massively shot up in price - last Friday, a portion of F &C's from our local
per head was 12-75p I think up from 11-50 from about 3 weeks ago.

Used car prices shooting up last several months - down to production/chips problems they are saying.

Not sure if we are using more water but these damn water bills - 345 pounds for 6 months for three adults in our humble home. (We had the systems checked last year no leaks bloody water meter forced on us when we moved here - these water meters print money for water co's.

Sky tv shooting up - we have Now tv, and Netflix as well - going to reduce our packages.

I have a PAYG phone as I don't do mobiles and just noted 3 upped prices from 3p a min to 10p a minute.

Getting in builders/carpenters in London you just can't get them or it is ludicrous prices. IMO some of these cowboys will keep on giving estimates/quotes until they move on to the next job and those that can afford or have urgent needs will pay as often no alternative

Our gardener demanded more money last - may tell him to top off and pay one of the neighbour's kids to cut the grass, trim hedges etc and pay them 12/14 pounds an hour.

We have the windows cleaned and pay 30 quid and cutting down from once a month to once every two months.

Inflation is set to go up further and those most impacted will be the retired, own their own home and have a relatively small private pension they paid for but then no better off than those on pension credits - what a smack in the face.

If we get a long cold weather spell many more will suffer and I'm reading often now for many its a choice between food and heating :( :(

Take care

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Yeah, struggling here.
Never have any money to spare now. Got just enough to get me to pay day I think, but nothing left over.

I just charge more. Wheras before it was double it and double it again, now it’s double it then treble it. Of course there’s the option for treble it then treble it again.

I just charge more. Wheras before it was double it and double it again, now it’s double it then treble it. Of course there’s the option for treble it then treble it again.

That was the kind of heartless merchants I was referring to. Having said that if there is a demand, people like this one, why not.

One of my siblings runs an electrical repairs business and he has raised his prices by 7% and is fully booked for the next three months and won't charge more as he is making a profit and want to be fair.

Personally no, but I have upped my allowance by 20% for this year.

No'1 Son is running the property business. We enjoy mostly commercial/industrial tenants who are more than aware that the worst possible thing is to not talk to us if they in difficulties & so far there are no major problems. Accountant says we're in great health financially, gearing is a little high but only a worry if interest rates rise above 5% . . . . Which they might, but by the time they do we'll be outside the trouble zone.

The few remaining residential tenants we have are looking a lot bleaker. We downsized before I retired, selling a lot to other landlords, a few to the existing tenants & we're now left with mostly retirees, which is a good thing when it comes to paying rent, but a bad thing when the expendable part of their very fixed incomes is increasingly being eaten into by energy bills & cost of living inflation. We'll look at it when it hits hardest, next winter.

yes......... I am also feeling the costs going up on everything...... missus does the shopping but she said prices on some items up 40/50%..... soon the biggest losers will be the leisure industry as was reported a couple of weeks ago,,,, people cutting down on holidays/days out/wining and dining

yes......... I am also feeling the costs going up on everything...... missus does the shopping but she said prices on some items up 40/50%..... soon the biggest losers will be the leisure industry as was reported a couple of weeks ago,,,, people cutting down on holidays/days out/wining and dining

We shop online since covid but started doing trips to supermarkets out of hours but mainshop home del via online. Gone up 10-12% approx since Dec 2020.

As I said even have fish n chips for three especially in london is quite a bit especially if you are on a fixed income.

Sadly, with energy prices shooting up, everything will go up massively

Re hols - possibly its the people we know that go on hols more than most as they are raring to go and have been from the money they saved by WFH and saving over a 100 quid a week on train fares at very least and diesel as hardly drove.

My son's five year fixed mortgage rate comes to an end late this year and rates have risen since.

I'm trying to think what has gone down in price and thought nothing then remember - MASKS, lol.

I'm still hopeful it will all start leveling off.

Graphics cards and CPU's have started dropping in price, the sector is hopeful that by autumn prices will be back to the rrp price and supply will have caught up with itself.

Now so many people have substantially less money to play with, I can see that next year a lot more will have come down in price, used cars should start dropping relatively quickly as people start tightening their belts and dealers struggle to shift cars.

Everything else I can only see consistent increases from here on out.

Russia will start reducing the gas supply shortly, oil companies selling less petrol as more people switch to electric, cost of imports increasingly increasing due to brexit...

Things will only get worse from here on out.

Sponsored Links
Back