Hollow wall fixings

Sponsored Links
tap along the wall, you may find a stud at the same position as one of the holes??

Sponsored Links
Emboldened by this success, I want to tackle two curtain rail brackets that are pulling away from the wall.
The wall in question has cellotex backed plasterbaord that is dabbed onto blocks. I don't think these wall anchors would work with the cellotex backed board?

Also, the holes in the plasterboard are now wider than when originally drilled.

Please advice. Thanks again.

Emboldened by this success, I want to tackle two curtain rail brackets that are pulling away from the wall.
The wall in question has cellotex backed plasterbaord that is dabbed onto blocks. I don't think these wall anchors would work with the cellotex backed board?

Also, the holes in the plasterboard are now wider than when originally drilled.

Please advice. Thanks again.

I have never used interset wall anchors in cellotex but the following video seems to suggest that they will be fine. The guy does however use the setting tool.

I have never used interset wall anchors in cellotex but the following video seems to suggest that they will be fine. The guy does however use the setting tool.

None of the fixing used in video allow for multiple fixings in close proximity as required by many curtain and blind brackets .

Any suggestions on what may work in this situation please?

Can you take photos of the fittings?
Here are images of the two affected brackets. They are on different walls and for two different curtain poles:

1683214704341.png

1683214733007.png

Here are images of the two affected brackets. They are on different walls and for two different curtain poles:

View attachment 302641

View attachment 302642

In my opinion they are significantly far enough from each other for you to be able the interset cavity fittings that you have. Perhaps try to ensure that "wings" will be at 45 degrees to horizontal to ensure that one doesn't clash with the other. Or rather that one will be at 90 degrees and the other at 45 degrees- thereby avoiding any clash.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back