Hollow wall fixings

In my opinion they are significantly far enough from each other for you to be able the interset cavity fittings that you have. Perhaps try to ensure that "wings" will be at 45 degrees to horizontal to ensure that one doesn't clash with the other. Or rather that one will be at 90 degrees and the other at 45 degrees- thereby avoiding any clash.
With those wall anchor fittings - when done correctly - I understand that a washer would be needed as else they will sink through the widened hole in the plaster? Wouldn't that washer then show as it will be wider than the bracket I suspect?
I might be missing something!

Sponsored Links
Maybe try a 200mm screw into brickwork on top fixing which will take most of the strain and a cavity fixing for the lower fixing point to prevent twisting .

With those wall anchor fittings - when done correctly - I understand that a washer would be needed as else they will sink through the widened hole in the plaster? Wouldn't that washer then show as it will be wider than the bracket I suspect?
I might be missing something!

I don't know what sized holes you have, but you should not use washers under interset fittings. The teeth are supposed to bite in to the plaster.

If the hole is bigger than the interset, you will need the fitting up/down/left/right/etc.

I don't know what sized holes you have, but you should not use washers under interset fittings. The teeth are supposed to bite in to the plaster.

If the hole is bigger than the interset, you will need the fitting up/down/left/right/etc.
Can I use easi-fill to make good and then put the fixing in?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back