Home insurance.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently lost both my parents and have thus inheritated their house (well once probate has been sorted , another topic that makes me seeth).
We also own our own house and have a majority share in a third that is currently occupied by my sister in law. Insurances are all due in late summer and are currently with three seperate companies.
Now I've seen adverts for multi car insurance but does anyone offer a similiar sort of deal for houses? I know the insurers that my parents had won't do anything like that having asked , but does any insurer ?
Any help gratefully recieved.

Sponsored Links
Now I've seen adverts for multi car insurance but does anyone offer a similiar sort of deal for houses? I know the insurers that my parents had won't do anything like that having asked , but does any insurer ?
Any help gratefully recieved.
Have got a Multi car insurance, not sure if the multi thingy is a good idea, my wife made a 1st small claim ever on her car and yet they put my car insurance though the roof as well even though I have never ever made a claim so far, they don't tell you this until after. One claim on a car will effect the other car :rolleyes: I'm not sure if the muti house insurance is the same, to be honest, like everything else, I think it's a con, changed my insurance company and they don't understand why I'm not with them anymore, it was £384 dearer

it seems to be out there................just google multi property insurance :D

my advice would be shop around not nessiserilly for a multy policy more for anti complacency payments in other words you do not get paid for loyalty
your insurance costs your morgage costs your interest rates your power costs all become unfavorable because we assume loyalty pays it dosent it costs you a fortune
insurance with your morgage provider can be 2or 3 times more for the same cover
your power can cost you 20 or 30% more by not checking and switching
your savings that started off at 3% after a year will revert to standard that we assume is a bit lower but can be 0.01 % or instead off £30 per thousand over the year down to a poltery £1

Sponsored Links
Yes you are of course right biggy. I suppose I was thinking of the convience of just a single payment to maske life just a little easier.
Masona - good point about the claims I'd not thought about that.

Another thing to consider is that if the houses are in different postcode area's these are taken into consideration as well.

Yes you are of course right biggy. I suppose I was thinking of the convience of just a single payment to maske life just a little easier.
Masona - good point about the claims I'd not thought about that.

i am assuming you don't have your insurance with your mortgage provider :D

No, two out of the three houses are paid for anyway so no mortgage there and just a small one on the house my sister in law lives in.

could still be an expensive policy if it originated with the mortgage lender

Sponsored Links
Back