Homemade Bathroom Mirror

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all!

We've just finished doing our bathroom and I've decided to make (make!) a nice mirror to go over the sink. I found a nice frame and have restored it to suit the room, but now I need to find a mirror to fit it.

I know the traditional choice is glass for mirror but I've been reading a lot on the internet about plastic mirror and I was wondering what the consensus was on acrylic mirrored sheeting? Since this is a homemade affair I'm a bit concerned about the glass dropping out and breaking, where plastic will at worst crack or at best just bounce!

What do you guys suggest?

Sponsored Links
In the past I have found Acrylic sheet mirrors discolour and fade very quickly compared to traditional mirrors , and being in a bathroom would not help.

Hmm thanks for the tip, what about polycarbonate or Dibond mirror?

I know polycarbonate is much stronger but I still might have the problem of discolouration. There is always Dibond aluminium composite, which is a little cheaper and (hopefully) more rigid?

I found some acrylic mirror online that I can get delivered cut to size, but it's only 3mm so warping will likely be an issue unless I mount it properly.

Sponsored Links
Hey, where did you find your 3mm mirror? I found some acrylic mirrors here but am shopping around for the best price now.

Still considering Aluminium Dibond and POlycarbonate too, although I have a feeling the mirror effect will be reduced in these sheets.[/url]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back