Honda HRX476 Slow to drive

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Honda HRX 476 is slow to drive and needs a push to get it going ?

once going it trundles along

Is this a drive belt problem or something else ??

Belt Number ?

ALSO

The cut height leaver adjuster will not move from the mid cut height ?

Thanks for any help before stripping down

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
This HRX has a hydrostatic drive, and the only thing you can do is to see that the drive belt is in good order......I’ve never had to replace one but I have had complaints about this transmission.
How old is your machine?
John

Thanks John
It's 476 C TYPE QXE 10 years old Serial No 1143728

Does this help

Last edited:
Unfortunately I think all you can do is to check the drive belt condition - and if that is ok - there's a good chance that the axle gearbox has called it a day.
Gearboxes (which have no serviceable parts inside) retail for around the £250 mark if I remember - which means that few people replace them.
Pity, its a first class professional mower that costs a bomb when new.
If you contact Jungle Busters 0191 4692020 and see what they say....maybe they will back me up if you explain your symptoms.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately I think all you can do is to check the drive belt condition - and if that is ok - there's a good chance that the axle gearbox has called it a day.
Gearboxes (which have no serviceable parts inside) retail for around the £250 mark if I remember - which means that few people replace them.
Pity, its a first class professional mower that costs a bomb when new.
If you contact Jungle Busters 0191 4692020 and see what they say....maybe they will back me up if you explain your symptoms.
Would this also account for The cut height leaver adjuster will not move from the mid cut height ?

Took chain guard off, cleaned grass and mud etc decreased area. Drive belt looks OK
adjusted chain cable,
with engine running when I lift mower the drive chain slowly moves without drive engaged is this normal or does cable need adjusting ?

Now runs OK,

Is the drive fully restored now?
Don't worry about the slight roller rotation - it's most likely to be just oil drag in the gearbox.

Is the drive fully restored now?
Don't worry about the slight roller rotation - it's most likely to be just oil drag in the gearbox.
Thanks John

Yep drive fully restored.

I think must have been slack/stretch cable and all the crud cleaned out of chain and rollers.

Gave it a good run up/down lawn.

I know you are the man to ask what petrol E5 or E10 petrol ?

In Briggs and Stratton mowers old type metal fuel tank carb above

Honda Mower

Stihl 2t Hedge cutter

Jonseed hedge cutter.

As I use a lot of petrol Aspen would be to dear for me.

Hell, there must have been some volume of accumulated muck under there - more often than not the moving bits kick it free. Anyway, I’m pleased that’s sorted!
Personally concerning fuels, E10 is fine for any four strokes with a standard float chamber carburettor.
E5 for two strokes using Oregon or other synthetic lubes, but Aspen is great for machines that are rarely used.
I have found that E10 does interfere with the diaphragms found in Zama type carbs but of course the manufacturers would deny that!
John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back