Honest advice needed!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there i am replacing my combi boiler with a Vaillant Eco 630 and Unistor 310 litre unvented tank. There will be 12 new radiators and all the gubbins that goes with a new system.

I have a 4 bedroom / 3 shower / 1 bath house and have NO iDEA what a good quote would be.

Please could some one give me a ball park figure ( i live in Chester if anyone fancys the job!!!!)

Sponsored Links
get a quote from BG then half it but i'd say ballpark of £4500

Sponsored Links
Not often I disagree with DM, but I would say an approx cost to supply and fit all of the above would be nearer the £7000 mark.

If you can get someone to supply and fit all of that for 4.5k, bite their hand off ( after they've fitted all of it of course!!) :)

Not often I disagree with DM, but I would say an approx cost to supply and fit all of the above would be nearer the £7000 mark.

Impossible to say without looking, but I would say nearer £7K possibly more, for a good job.

So if the Bioler/tank is £1800 and the readiators at £120 each come to £1500 that makes £3700 labour!!!!!!!!! At 7 working days that £528 a day!

Would i be best leaving the existing pipework in?

your right, I mistakely assumed old pipework being re-used. :oops:

What if the job takes longer, would expect to pay more?

Would you be happier if price was a lot less and fitting gave you constant sore heads?

One of the reasons why I moves away from installation is because of so many variables that must be attended to, to make a good job better. Am constantly going to boiler jobs now that a 10 year old could fit better. Just after repairing a 6 year old boiler that was removed for replacement because it was 'dangerous'

No so long ago had to repipe a UV cylinder that had no MV fitted, discharges were all wrong etc. And the installer regularly fittes these I am told.

Do not look at the price alone. Look at jobs carried out by the installer, talk to friends and family. Then move forward. Familiarise yourself with what you are getting. A good job equals peace of mind, bad job equals constant sore head and more money needing spent on it. A good installer can produce good results, bad installer can talk good.

will be having 6 new ones (with pipework) and 6 existing radiators inalready in situ.

Would that take the price down?

Hi there i am replacing my combi boiler with a Vaillant Eco 630 and Unistor 310 litre unvented tank. There will be 12 new radiators and all the gubbins that goes with a new system.

I have a 4 bedroom / 3 shower / 1 bath house and have NO iDEA what a good quote would be.

Please could some one give me a ball park figure ( i live in Chester if anyone fancys the job!!!!)

There are better choices than that around. Look at this thread:
//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=157106

310 litres????? Are you in the shower for an hour?? 210 yes but 310 is a bit overboard and then theres the re-heat time...... blah blah blah blah

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back