Honest advice needed!!

Please could some one give me a ball park figure ( i live in Chester if anyone fancys the job!!!!)
3 reasons you should never ask for qoutes / is this ok on a forum

get a quote from BG then half it but i'd say ballpark of £4500
Not often I disagree with DM, but I would say an approx cost to supply and fit all of the above would be nearer the £7000 mark.
What if the job takes longer, would expect to pay more?..........

..............Do not look at the price alone.

a fourth reason is

View media item 2443

Sponsored Links
I understand there are variables but surely the people reading this have enough experience to give a rough figure +/-£1500?

After all a bog standard 4 bedroom house is pretty standard

I know i can get an ecotec 630 for £800 AND UNISTOR 260 £800

If either of them are faulty or break down during the warranty period, will you expect your installer to come out and sort it for free. You'd be better forgetting about prices that can be obtained on the internet and let the installer supply and fit. Then any problems are his responsibility.

If either of them are faulty or break down during the warranty period, will you expect your installer to come out and sort it for free. You'd be better forgetting about prices that can be obtained on the internet and let the installer supply and fit. Then any problems are his responsibility.

Fair enough i never thought of it like that....but paying a premium for the assurance he will return .......?????.

If the boilers have a 2 yr warranty surely they would send some one out to look at it...like a washing amchine?

Sponsored Links
The manufacturers would expect the installer to be your first point of contact. If they send an engineer out and the problem turns out not to be theirs they will bill you for the visit, which wouldn't be cheap.
What you need to do is get some recommendations for reputable installers, and remember that although the dearest quotes don't always result in the best jobs, the best jobs will never come from the cheapest quotes. I hope that makes sense. :confused:

vaillant system boiler and unistor is one of the best options available in your situation. I would say a figure of between 7 and 8k plus the vat was fair for a good quality installation based on recommendation.

why anyone would recommend 2 combis is beyond me??

Thanks for all the advice lads!

Sooey i notice you are in merseyside. Are you corgi / G3 educated....for a quote?

6800/7500 ball park figure without seeing job, thats for 12 new rads.
I use an excel sheet for phone estimates, sorts out the mutiple/price collectors, saves wasting my time.

Sooey i notice you are in merseyside. Are you corgi / G3 educated....for a quote?
Yes I am, but I would include a magnaclean filter, powerflush, gaspipe upgrade etc in my quote and would not want to drive to Chester to give it, if I was wasting my time by competing against others who don't.

Yes I am, but I would include a magnaclean filter, powerflush, gaspipe upgrade etc in my quote and would not want to drive to Chester to give it, if I was wasting my time by competing against others who don't.

So is that a no then? Unless you quote without seeing the premisis?

Get a bopiler that gives a 5 year warranty.... Plenty of em around.... and the Cylinder should come with a 25 year guarantee too...... And yes youre looking around the 8 k price for chestershire..... Now if you moved up the road to lancs or Cumbriashire then the price would probably topple

Get a bopiler that gives a 5 year warranty.... Plenty of em around.... and the Cylinder should come with a 25 year guarantee too...... And yes youre looking around the 8 k price for chestershire..... Now if you moved up the road to lancs or Cumbriashire then the price would probably topple

??what difference does it make that i live near chester?

£7000 about right, if you're having decent kit fitted properly by quality installers. Agree with Haralian about 5 yr warranty on boiler and 25 yr on cyl

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back