Honey Well Viper on A Texecom Alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys

I have at texecom premier elite alarm and I wish to put some Honeywell glx Vipers on the system . At the moment I have wered it eol .However the manual gives many options for wiring it and Im not sure which one to use . What is the best wy to wire this ? do I need to use the set (pin 7) or fts(pin:cool:

It seems to work ok wireing eol and no pit 7.8 but every so oftern the alarm wont arm because of the vipers. When I check them they are both ok .

Any help is gratefully recieved

Bruce

Sponsored Links
The question then is your panel and its wiring type.

so normally Texecom Veritas is normally closed unless you have an R8+ or excel in which case you can use EOL.

Texecom Premier can use EOL, the values of the resistors in the Viper will determine the wiring type you select from the options available. Double pole / EOL uses 4K7 as the alarm and 2k2 as the tamper/eol resistor for example.

Sponsored Links
The question then is your panel and its wiring type.

so normally Texecom Veritas is normally closed unless you have an R8+ or excel in which case you can use EOL.

Texecom Premier can use EOL, the values of the resistors in the Viper will determine the wiring type you select from the options available. Double pole / EOL uses 4K7 as the alarm and 2k2 as the tamper/eol resistor for example.

Hi
it is wire eol with 4k7 and 2k2 .
It is working but the manual says to use 7 & or 8 as well . Are they needed as j don’t i don’t understand why ?
Bruce

I don't use honeywell vipers that often to be honest and would need to look at what 7 and 8 are for the model you have.

I suspect first to alarm and or latch or tamper feed / return to be options without looking.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back