Honeymoon destinations...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Chaps,

The other half and I are marrying in summer 2018, we are looking at getting our honeymoon booked, or at least our destination decided.

We were looking at 10 days in the Maldives initially but then someone at a wedding event suggested Mauritius instead. However, we are marrying 24th June and would be wanting to fly out within a week of this... and checking just now on weather realised that this will be winter time for both countries.

We want a luxury / tropical / once in a (our) lifetime sort of holiday, can anyone give us any pointers or suggestions please?

Cheers!

Sponsored Links
Mauritian "winter"....

"Situated near the Tropic of Capricorn, Mauritius has a tropical climate. There are 2 seasons: a warm humid summer from November to April, with a mean temperature of 24.7 °C and a relatively cool dry winter from June to September with a mean temperature of 20.4 °C. The temperature difference between the seasons is only 4.3 °C."

Not exactly terrible!

Given your thought process (summer, in June; and tropical), you'd be looking at Tropic of Cancer (northern hemisphere)-ish locations, then.

Super-posh caribbean hol, away from the plebs?

Bahamas?
Turks and Caicos Islands?

Sponsored Links
First marriage: Canada - Toronto/Niagra/Montreal, then Vancouver for a few days, and drove over the Rockies to Bamff, and flew out from Calgery.

Second marriage: Ambleside, and a nice cottage, with wood burning stove.

The former was fun and saw some great sights, but stressful. The latter was far less stressful, and better value.

Its your money of course, but I found that spending less was just as good, and the money could be spent on things that will last, like the house.

You have to go somewhere you can impress your friends with hourly updates on facebook these days. Ambleside might not do it!

And ironically, my phone has just started downloading a FaceAche (which I don't use) update.
And the only way I can remove FaceAche from my phone is to root it (which I'm not inclined to do, as I'd probably brick it).

So, I bet my phone is bloated with a load of pre-installed shoite that I neither want nor use, yet can't get rid of :evil:

Sponsored Links
Back