Honeywell 3 port motor replacement problem

thanks.

there is 240 v at the grey wire terminal anyway so it must be a faulty motor or actator!! i'm gonna get a new actuator from toolstation tomorrow. thanks for your help :)

Sponsored Links
Better not mention the little circuit board in the valve otherwise he will get confused.
Why would someone with a new motor in there hand think the wires plugged in to the motor

you mean link 240 v to the white to test the motor though!!!!

i have a new motor and agree i would have to cut old motor wire and link the 2 new wires up with old 2. but am gonna get a new head instead.

you mean link 240 v to the white to test the motor though!!!!

i have a new motor and agree i would have to cut old motor wire and link the 2 new wires up with old 2. but am gonna get a new head instead.

NO I mean link 240v to the grey wire.

You said there was no 240 on the grey wire in the htg only mode.

Is there or isn't there. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
ahhhhhhhhhhh sorry let me try from scratch!!!

HTG ONLY on at prog (light up)

power to white wire of 3 port MV terminal

no power to orange wire of MV terminal

no power to grey of MV terminal

so you're saying not a faulty motor/actuator.....

ahhhhhhhhhhh sorry let me try from scratch!!!

HTG ONLY on at prog (light up)

power to white wire of 3 port MV terminal

no power to orange wire of MV terminal

no power to grey of MV terminal

so you're saying not a faulty motor/actuator.....

No, I'm saying that, until you get 240v on the grey wire it will not work in the htg only mode.

Link 240v to the grey and try it.

but the HTG was ok last time it was on (months ago) and no wires have been played with.

So what good will linkign the grey wire into a live terminal do??

WTF are you all going on about!!! If you put HEATING only on and there's power to the white wire but NONE to orange, it is a faulty motor / actuator OR the valve spindle could be seized up. If you say you have removed the head and the spindle turns alright, then it is a motor or actuator faulty. Just get your new actuator and you'll be fine.

Forget the grey wire thing it is nonsense. If all wires are tight in the terminal box connections and have not been tampered with it is as aboe, MOTOR or ACTUATOR.

WTF are you all going on about!!! If you put HEATING only on and there's power to the white wire but NONE to orange, it is a faulty motor / actuator OR the valve spindle could be seized up. If you say you have removed the head and the spindle turns alright, then it is a motor or actuator faulty. Just get your new actuator and you'll be fine.

Forget the grey wire thing it is nonsense. If all wires are tight in the terminal box connections and have not been tampered with it is as aboe, MOTOR or ACTUATOR.

Don't be stupid Steved101, you're showing yourself up.

Best not to say anything when you obviously don't know what you're talking about.

how am i showing myself up - check any htg/fault finding chart.... the grey wire thing is not mentioned in any of them. if there's power to white but not to ornage... the motor is not moving over... then there will be no power to grey with htg only on (as the micro switch won't operate it)....

ALSO: a cylindr stat won't supply the grey wire with HTG only on as there is nop power to the cyl stat with HTG ONLY ON - it is just a switch you know.

yes correct HTG only on, HW off at the prog will be supplying power to the GREY WIRE. If HTG ONLY IS ON, grey will be live as the programmer isn't (v v unlikely) to be sending power to h/w on AND off terminal connections is it.

As I said You don't know what you're talking about.

The grey wire powers the valve to port A, then and only then does the microswitch put power on the orange from the white wire.

In the htg only mode no power on the grey + no heating.

yes i agree with you, BUT if HW is OFF at the programmer, there WILL be power to the grey wire anyway.

If the programmer is faulty, and no power to the grey then you will be getting hw and heating!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back