Honeywell 4043B ('Mains Off' open MV) - replacement head where?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have the MV in my system that controls the heating to the HW tank. A Dunsley Neutraliser blends the heat from the oil boiler and the wood stove back boiler and the MV stops the flow to the tank when it's hot enough. The valve has failed open and the HW is far too hot. The MV is a Honeywell 4043B - such that it is open on mains failure.

Investigation shows the head has failed - the quadrant gear is jumping, so a replacement motor is a no-go. I cannot find anyone stocking the head for this MV - can someone help please.
Cheers, Rob

Sponsored Links
I have the MV in my system that controls the heating to the HW tank. A Dunsley Neutraliser blends the heat from the oil boiler and the wood stove back boiler and the MV stops the flow to the tank when it's hot enough. The valve has failed open and the HW is far too hot. The MV is a Honeywell 4043B - such that it is open on mains failure.

Investigation shows the head has failed - the quadrant gear is jumping, so a replacement motor is a no-go. I cannot find anyone stocking the head for this MV - can someone help please.
Cheers, Rob
Try that one linked above- Screwfix and Toolstation take returns. I don't know whether the B uses a different gearbox to the H- you might get lucky :). If you don't then it's new valve and swap the mech over.
As a matter of curiousity, where does the spare heat from the neutraliser go when that valve is closed? Heat dump rad or somewhere else?

What is the quadrant gear. Is the head on the valve or off It. If off it, the gears train is not healed in place so will keep jumping to home position

Sponsored Links
That's a V4043H which is a normally closed powerhead. The OP wants a V4043B that is normally open. The V4043B can be identified because as it is normally open, it doesn't need a manual opening lever (hence the vacant slot) or have an internal microswitch, so only has a 3 wire connection.

123.jpg

And if anyone knows where a V4043B replacement powerhead is available, I would like to know too. :)

Last edited:
That's a V4043H which is a normally closed powerhead. The OP wants a V4043B that is normally open. The V4043B can be identified because as it is normally open, it doesn't need a manual opening lever (hence the vacant slot) or have an internal microswitch, so only has a 3 wire connection.

View attachment 292691

And if anyone knows where a V4043B replacement powerhead is available, I would like to know too. :)

View attachment 292691

cheers stem missed the B bit

Thanks IanMCD - just along the road from you. I should have probably said that it was NOT the 4043H !! I suspect that many didn't know the difference.
Unfortunately it is looking ominously like the head is not available for replacement, and I will have to buy the whole valve and then take the head off. I'll give BES a phone in the morning.
OldButNotDead - the valve is closed when CH is called for. If the mains goes and the wood boiler is hot then the tank is the dump.
Many thanks to all for your inputs.
Rob

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back