Honeywell alarm going off every 10 minutes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys,

Recently moved into a new home with a Honeywell Galaxy dimension Cp051 alarm system.

Last night the alarm started to go off even though it wasn't set. This continued every hour on the hour.
This morning the alarm has been going off even more regularly and I'm not sure what the issue is.

I have the user code & fob which were left by the previous owners, but I have no instruction manual or original packaging etc.

When it goes off, the code thrown is "+Cu - Bat "
I think it may have something to do with a battery but I'm not 100%

Any help would be appreciated

Sponsored Links
Control panel battery faulty and needs replacing.
Battery required is a 12 volt 7.0ah battery.
Screwfix or Toolstation is quickest way of sorting.

Cp051 is the keypad part number. The main control panel has a different model number on the front of the control unit. That unit houses the 12v battery handymanjo discussed. It's likely to be in a cupboard near the consumer unit, but could be in another cupboard or attic space.

Thank you so much guys.

One question though, I've seen it mentioned in other places that removing the battery from the unit may then require an engineer/master code in order to clear the alarm once the new battery has been placed.

Do you know if that's correct? I presume I'd have to contact the security company itself for the code , but Im just wary of tripping the alarm and not being able to reset it after the battery is replaced.

But I need to get the beeping to stop because nobody was able to get any sleep with it last night

Sponsored Links
You will not know until you open the control panel lid if engineer reset is required.
Opening panel and changing battery will stop the noise.
If at this point it will not reset then you could arrange for an engineer to visit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back