Honeywell dial Thermostat to hive on Worchester 24i

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm installing hive active heating to my Static Caravan's Worchester 24i. I have a Honeywell dial thermostat fitted on wall that I want to replace for a hive receiver. It's a single channel receiver as the 24i is a combi boiler. Hoping I do not need to completely rewire it. any advice please?

Current Honeywell wiring.
IMG_2215.JPG

It is wired as Black 2, Brown 1 plus an earth.

Honeywell wiring diagram.
Screenshot 2022-07-14 at 14.32.59.png

Hive receiver diagram.
Screenshot 2022-07-14 at 14.16.23.png

Where should these wires be going in the Hive receiver diagram, is it like for like? do I need any bridges etc or a complete rewire ( which I'm hoping to avoid )

Thank you very much for any assistance in advance.

Sponsored Links
New wiring I’m afraid, no permanent neutral on that existing one, which the Hive receiver requires. Also opening up the boiler case on that boiler requires safety checks afterwards, ok if if you’re competent and have testing equipment.

as a cheat if the earth wire on your existing thermostat goes to the earth on the boiler then you could sleeve it black or blue and connect to the neutral at the hive and connect to the neutral at the boiler, then the wire in 1 at the thermostat goes to L on the hive , link L&1 at the hive , then the black wire in 2 goes to 3 on the hive, no need to be gas safe registered to do this on this particular boiler if the boiler has a timer it will need to be set to constantly on and the Hive will over ride it

as a cheat if the earth wire on your existing thermostat goes to the earth on the boiler then you could sleeve it black or blue and connect to the neutral at the hive and connect to the neutral at the boiler, then the wire in 1 at the thermostat goes to L on the hive , link L&1 at the hive , then the black wire in 2 goes to 3 on the hive, no need to be gas safe registered to do this on this particular boiler if the boiler has a timer it will need to be set to constantly on and the Hive will over ride it
Brilliant, I will give this a try when I’m back down at the Caravan on Saturday . Thank you Ian

Sponsored Links
Hi all,

I'm installing hive active heating to my Static Caravan's Worchester 24i. I have a Honeywell dial thermostat fitted on wall that I want to replace for a hive receiver. It's a single channel receiver as the 24i is a combi boiler. Hoping I do not need to completely rewire it. any advice please?

Current Honeywell wiring.
View attachment 274422
It is wired as Black 2, Brown 1 plus an earth.

Honeywell wiring diagram.
View attachment 274424

Hive receiver diagram.
View attachment 274425

Where should these wires be going in the Hive receiver diagram, is it like for like? do I need any bridges etc or a complete rewire ( which I'm hoping to avoid )

Thank you very much for any assistance in advance.
Do you only have a room thermostat, most boilers also have a programmer which is what the Hive receiver replaces.

Hi, It only has the timer/programmer on the actual boiler.

IMG_2230.jpg

simply set that to 1 constantly on and the Hive will over ride it
Many many thanks Ian. Ended up just re-wiring the hive to the boiler with 3wires and a bridge wire as suggested by yourself and it’s running like a dream!
You have really helped me and saved me £80 the Site electrician wanted.
It was so easy to do following your instructions.
Thank you once again.
8F0677B1-0071-49C2-A914-5047065D91A0.jpeg

Attachments

• 02110F62-6580-4562-9611-D8C8202C3DFD.jpeg
    02110F62-6580-4562-9611-D8C8202C3DFD.jpeg
    243.4 KB · Views: 57

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back