Honeywell Galaxy 2 Engineer Code question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a Galaxy S2 alarm and until recently had a phone line connected to it. We have now had the phone disconnected but forgot about the alarm connection.

We can't set the alarm now as we can't override the alert "tel line fail" and "user reset required".

I have the master code and the display does display "Engineer Mode" but I can't seem to get to any other menu options in this mode apart from 1. Part Set / 2. Night Set and these don't work either.

Grateful for any advice.

Sponsored Links
Managed to work it out - the only message now when I try to reset is

"checking for tampers"

then

01 Fault <>

SMS Comms Fail

and I am not able to return to normal user mode until I've sorted this out.

It needed re-programming as soon as the phone line was removed, this is an engineer function via the ENGINEER code.

This is why alarm panels have Engineer Codes, to stop people fiddling with the system and to protect their own backs if/when something happens as a result.

Suggest you 'bite the bullet' and pay your installer (ADT?) to come and reprogramme this for you. You do have a working outside sounder, don't you? So many of their systems don't.

Thanks for replying.

I appreciate you're right about this but I'm going away on holiday for a few days and a friend of mine is housesitting and I would like to make sure the alarm is easy to set etc.

I've managed to disable the phone line requirement via the menu and can set the alarm in ENGINEER MODE but until I clear the SMS COMMS FAIL, the alarm is much more complicated to set.

The alarm was fitted by a qualified friend of a friend and it's proving difficult to get him back so I would appreciate a quick workaround and then I can sort it out properly when I get back.

Sponsored Links
I have a non monitored galaxy 2 - 12 . Following switch over to fibre optic from copper line as everyone has to soon I have a comms fault message that requires engineer access for a permanent removal ……. but I only have the manager code .
ADT tell me they cannot supply the engineer code as they no longer hold records .
Local installers tell me they cannot obtain it or by pass the fault or even replace the control panel. They tell me my system is now totally defunct.
I have however found a by pass fix .
Type in your manager code .
Then hit
A … ENT …. ENT …. A … A … ENT

Your alarm is then on full set and working .

Unfortunately without an engineers code you will have to do this every time you want to set it. .

10 keys to hit instead or 1 but you haven’t needed to scrap your alarm !

Local installers are not bothered as it can be reset and re programmed if they wanted to do it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back