Honeywell Galaxy G2-20 - Unused Zones in Tamper

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am attempting to install a Honeywell Galaxy G2-20 System. Having a background in electronic engineering (a degree many years ago), I thought that I may be able to install the system myself.

I have used the G2-20 with the RF Portal and several wireless detectors (3 x PIR's, 4 x door contacts), controlled through a Mk7 Keypad.

I have powered the main panel, the RF Portal and mounted all the detectors. I have then assigned all the wireless detectors and they all have a unique address.

My issue is that upon assigning these contacts, then attempting to come out of engineer mode the system fails the tamper checks. However, the zones that have the detectors have no issues, it is the zones that I not assigned any detectors to all show TAMPER (for reference these are zones 1014-1018).

If someone could help me by explain how what I have done incorrectly / not done in order to clear this issue I would be very grateful. Is there a way to 'permanently omit' these zones?

Regards,

James

Sponsored Links
IIRC you need a resitor across the unused zones and set them to 'not used', but I'm no expert and it's been a while since I did anything to mine.

Hi Alan,

Thanks for this. The part I don't understand is what 'zones' to put the resistors in.

The Wireless RF module is connected through the RS485 terminals (not the zone terminals).

So, on the G2-20 panel, I have 12 zone terminals, how do I work out which of these terminal connections will short zones 1014,1015,1016,1017 and 1018.

Regards,

James

I don't have the wireless module so I'm not sure if yours will be wired the same as mine, but if it's any help - download the installation manual from here...
http://static.premiersite.co.uk/24498/docs/1758647_2.pdf
Look at page 12 where it shows the PCB layout for the Galaxy G2-20. (BTW the same page/image on the hard copy I printed ages ago is numbered page 14, maybe there are different installation manual versions?).
Down at the bottom are zones numbered 1-4, 5-8, and 9-12, in 3 different 'sections'. These zones are, from left to right:
1001, 1002, 1003, 1004. Then 1011, 1012, 1013, 1014. Then 1015, 1016, 1017, 1018.
Therefore, I think you need a resistor across the farthest right zone of the second section (number eight), and across each of the four zones of the third section (numbered 9-12).
My doodled notes also say that I have these zone attribuutes set as 18 SPARE (as per page 73 of the above installation manual).

Sponsored Links
Hi, does a galaxy rf portal have any out puts on it ?
I think not , please confirm

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back