Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

First time post here, after searching the net for ever I have not been able to find any diagrams or instructions to help me replace my Honeywell gt699b thermostat with the Nest v3.

Not sure what setup I have as there is a small boiler down stairs in the kitchen and a hot water tank upstairs in the cupboard. Sorry I'm not able describe it better.

Please see the images of the wiring for my control thermostat upstairs for hot water and heating. Can some please help in explaining what wires go where.

Attachments

• IMG_2555.JPG
    IMG_2555.JPG
    285.4 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_1783.JPG
    IMG_1783.JPG
    125.1 KB · Views: 118
Sponsored Links
You appear to have a bog standard Y plan system, follow the Y plan wiring diagram in the supplied installation manual. I recommend installing the nest at the wiring centre so the nest controller can be powered by the nest receiver. The old programmer will need to be disconnected and the power linked through if you want this function. Alternatively the nest receiver can be fitted where the old programmer is and the nest controller will need to be plugged into a socket.

Thank you for getting back to me so quick, and apology for he later reply, been on holiday and just got back. So would the connect be like the following picure attached. The think is I have a blue cable in number 7 and yellow in 6 what do I do with them?

Many thanks
Dipesh

Attachments

• IMG_2561.PNG
    IMG_2561.PNG
    805.8 KB · Views: 115
Not sure what to do with the blue wire in 7 on the Honeywell switch does that go to number 4 on heat link as satisfied (optional)

Sponsored Links
I have connected it all and it's all on and working but the hotwater symbol is not showing on thermostat or on the app. I have connected it the following way. Please advise if it is wrong.

Many thanks
Dipesh

Sorry forgot to attach the images

Attachments

• IMG_3750.JPG
    IMG_3750.JPG
    158.3 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_3752.JPG
    IMG_3752.JPG
    140.6 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_3753.PNG
    IMG_3753.PNG
    484.1 KB · Views: 99

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back