1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Honeywell gt699b replacement with Nest v3

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by Dipesh k, 6 Aug 2017.

1. Dipesh k

Dipesh k

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi all

First time post here, after searching the net for ever I have not been able to find any diagrams or instructions to help me replace my Honeywell gt699b thermostat with the Nest v3.

Not sure what setup I have as there is a small boiler down stairs in the kitchen and a hot water tank upstairs in the cupboard. Sorry I'm not able describe it better.

Please see the images of the wiring for my control thermostat upstairs for hot water and heating. Can some please help in explaining what wires go where.

Attached Files:

2. Sponsored Links
  3. Echo the husky

Echo the husky

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    You appear to have a bog standard Y plan system, follow the Y plan wiring diagram in the supplied installation manual. I recommend installing the nest at the wiring centre so the nest controller can be powered by the nest receiver. The old programmer will need to be disconnected and the power linked through if you want this function. Alternatively the nest receiver can be fitted where the old programmer is and the nest controller will need to be plugged into a socket.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Dipesh k

Dipesh k

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Thank you for getting back to me so quick, and apology for he later reply, been on holiday and just got back. So would the connect be like the following picure attached. The think is I have a blue cable in number 7 and yellow in 6 what do I do with them?

Many thanks
    Dipesh

Attached Files:

5. Dipesh k

Dipesh k

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Not sure what to do with the blue wire in 7 on the Honeywell switch does that go to number 4 on heat link as satisfied (optional)

6. Dipesh k

Dipesh k

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I have connected it all and it's all on and working but the hotwater symbol is not showing on thermostat or on the app. I have connected it the following way. Please advise if it is wrong.

Many thanks
    Dipesh

7. Dipesh k

Dipesh k

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Sorry forgot to attach the images

Attached Files:

8. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

9. Sponsored Links