Honeywell keyprox not registering new tags

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - and thanks in advance for your help!

Despite having what I think is a reasonable understanding of electronics and computers, I'm stuck with getting a newly installed Galaxy Flex 20 with a Mk 7 keyprox keypad (CP038) to register any tags.

I have set up a users with a PIN number and the keypad will set and unset with the pin code. When I go into 42.1.6 and hold down A and 1 then I get 2 beeps but holding the tag up has no effect at all. The keyprox does not recognise it at all. The tags are the slim black ones with a 9 digit number on them (YX0-0004 I think).

Is there some setting elsewhere in the menus that I'm missing? I've searched this forum and the web and not found any answer and it's driving me crazy!

Thanks, Greg

Sponsored Links
not familiar with this panel however maybe this will help.

In general we are looking at the following:

1. incorrect equipment
2. faulty equipment
3. incorrect procedure/ programming.

so we can check the programming in accordance with the manual
we can check that we are learning the tags on in the correct procedure

wrt to faults I have seen keypads with parts missing ie a prox coil, the keypad not being shut properly so the prox is further away that you think.

might be worth you taking a video to show the process you were following ?

Did the system find the max when you added the keypad? Use diagnostics menu 61 and ensure the max is seen. If it is, the reader should beep when you present the tag to the bottom of the keypad at any time. It will beep even though the tag isn't registered to an account. Is it a new panel and prox?

not familiar with this panel however maybe this will help.

2. faulty equipment

wrt to faults I have seen keypads with parts missing ie a prox coil, the keypad not being shut properly so the prox is further away that you think.

Thanks for taking the time to respond. It's beginning to look like maybe the keyprox is faulty despite being new. Galaxy Guy tells me it should beep when a tag is put to it even if the tag is unregistered. I get no beep at all.

Sponsored Links
Galaxy Guy knows these panels very well, sis you check the diagnostics as mentioned to see if the keypad can be seen by the panel

Did the system find the max when you added the keypad? Use diagnostics menu 61 and ensure the max is seen. If it is, the reader should beep when you present the tag to the bottom of the keypad at any time. It will beep even though the tag isn't registered to an account. Is it a new panel and prox?

Thanks for taking the time to help.

The panel and prox are both new though the prox came from ebay (all boxed, honeywell labelled and with instructions)
The reader does not beep at all when tags are presented. I've now acquired some grey YXO-0020 tags and they dont beep either.

Under diagnostics 61.1, I see :-
Keypad Comms: Keypad 10 V1.00 100%
Keypad Comms: Keypad 50 V5.06 100%
Max Comms: Max 10 100%

Unless its a settings issue of some sort, I'm beginning to wonder if the prox is faulty?

When coming out of engineering mode, the system reports 9 modules installed which seems strange as the Flex 20 only has the one keyprox keypad attached plus one RF board and one GSM board. Perhaps some of them count as multiple modules?

Very grateful for your help, Greg

Don't know what the settings mean without looking them up but looks like the two keypads are not the same, ie different versions?

The virtual keypads take on the panel versions. The physical keypad sounds faulty. Send it back to the seller. If you can send a decent photo of the PCB it may help but may not...

Thanks everyone for your help.
Turns out the keypad was defective.
Possibly dropped heavily in transit, the coil that senses the fobs had broken away.
Resoldering it to the circuit board was too tricky for me!
Got another keypad and it all works a treat.
Thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back