Honeywell Lyric t40 to Hive

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Could someone please be kind enough to walk me through swapping over my current Honeywell smart thermostat for the hive if possible?
I’ve bought the hive active heating 2 and my current boiler is a combi boiler - Worcester green star 25i. As you can see on the attached photo this is my current installation of when the boiler was originally fitted. Will this be a straight swap for the new one. Mine will be the single channel receiver. I’m familiar with all of the others but the black and the white cables.

Any help is much appreciated.

thank you

Attachments

• 7E1E0761-B96D-453C-BA95-245731B84E31.jpeg
    7E1E0761-B96D-453C-BA95-245731B84E31.jpeg
    57.1 KB · Views: 137
  • 3C6B2B6D-5268-4ECD-8350-B54E1367A4C1.jpeg
    3C6B2B6D-5268-4ECD-8350-B54E1367A4C1.jpeg
    342.1 KB · Views: 339
Sponsored Links
The wires in the existing thermostat N & L will go to he Hive Single Channel N and L. [The two L terminals in the Honeywell are connected together so are really the same terminal]

The white loop wire will go between Hive L and Hive 1 (Common)

The black wire in B will go to Hive 3 (Heating On)

Earth wires go in the Hive Earth Tether

The wires in the existing thermostat N & L will go to he Hive Single Channel N and L. [The two L terminals in the Honeywell are connected together so are really the same terminal]

The white loop wire will go between Hive L and Hive 1 (Common)

The black wire in B will go to Hive 3 (Heating On)

Earth wires go in the Hive Earth Tether
Thank you so much for taking the time to explain it to me. I will do it tomorrow and post back if there’s any issues. Thank you again

Sponsored Links
Hive really have done some brilliant advertising.
I was thinking that. Unless the OP is going for their TRV heads as well, they're actually swapping a really good smart start stat out for one that has less functionality & isn't as energy saving.

• Thanks
Reactions: DP
I wasn't sure exactly what the OP had. I recognised the R4H91 receiver, and I know a Lyric, but I don't know a Lyric T40. AFAIK T40 is what the old Honeywell mechanical dial thermostat is sometimes referred to. However the photo of the receiver reveals that the original thermostat does offer OT control (although not connected in this case) which Hive doesn't.

I was thinking that. Unless the OP is going for their TRV heads as well, they're actually swapping a really good smart start stat out for one that has less functionality & isn't as energy saving.

Give it a while everyone will catch up.

Does though have a lot of additional functionality which seems to draw the
masses.

@stem I'm with you on the T40 assuming T4

M
My thought too
Hive certainly is well known brand so house holders hear about it, not knowing the functions of existing one or its capability, want the one everyone is talking about.
Did not know there was a t40 Lyric, unless it is not a LYRIC

If smart heads were being considered, would stick with Honeywell and go for Evohome, ditch Hive

I assumed the OP was incorrect about their model and had a T6 Lyric. T4 was never called Lyric (T6 officially isn't now either, but the name has stuck)

I assumed the OP was incorrect about their model and had a T6 Lyric. T4 was never called Lyric (T6 officially isn't now either, but the name has stuck)
Hi,
Yes, I have the T6 but the panel inside is t40. To be fair I wasn’t really impressed with Honeywell that much but wanted this so I could have the smart radiator valves as I’ve got a big house and it’s easier to control that way. And the fact that the thermostat is wireless helps too.

Thank you to the person that helped me wire it up correctly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back